Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

10 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Justin Fakie's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)

Post Thanks / Like

Admin Disrespect

In-Game Name: Justin_Fakie_Bolt
    Date: 14/04/2015
    Your Question:
    What's up guys

I don't know where exactly to ask this and general discussion gets way too heated with these things, so here I am!

As you probably saw, the rules were just updated. Insulting is not allowed, but there is a little disclaimer left assuring that users won't receive infractions for petty remarks. That's great, the admins are finally addressing in writing the limits of this rule.

However, the same hasn't been done for the admin disrespect rule. I'm sure you all know the BS surrounding admin disrespect. If anyone could define what exactly admin disrespect is, give an example etc., that'd be great since it's fairly subjective. If higher admins have formulated an exact definition, put it in the rules thread please and ty. Appreciate ya.
    Last edited by Justin Fakie; 14th April 2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: That italics is an eyesore

2. Thanks Cogito thanked for this post
    Likes Joseph Kennedy liked this post
    Retired Administrator
    ~skeggers
    In-Game Name(s)
    Brad_Grant
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's just another way for admins to exert power I believe. Sometimes, and more frequently these days, admins do deserve to be insulted. The server owner Marcus said himself that the rule is bullshit, and quite frankly admins should expect insults. If an administrator does or says something stupid (which occurs more than enough) then they deserve to be insulted/abused. Administrators should be mature enough and just ignore these insults. I feel an admin punishment such as a ban or prison is too much in this case.

Example, you get imprisoned wrongly, you /report insulting an administrator.
    1. We're all human, and we do get insulting in some cases, this being one of them - applies to all players.
    2. It could be considered report abuse, which is filed as a fine or kick from the server.
    3. The rule can pretty much be exploited by administrators... they could troll you for example, you tell them to fuck off - they ban you.

Number 3 is really important. You could get back at them via a forum complaint, but in a lot of cases, the administrators word is taken for it. Let me give you an example.

> An admin comes and shoots you, then runs around, otherwise steals your car. (These days I wouldn't be surprised if this happened) you then /report telling them to fuck off... banned for 24 hours. Can logs prove that the admin stole your car? No. Can logs prove that you insulted the admin? Yes. Therefore it's win-win for administrators.

Just a thought. There's a flaw or two with regards to the rule.

4. Likes Bilal., Joseph, Sil, DakotaZ, Anders and 4 others liked this post
    8 Year Veteran Elijah van Meijer's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Elijah van Meijer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rule is very generalized. It's also very bias. Apparently it's the admins who determine whether your comment was 'petty' or punishment worthy.

This is absolute bullshit in my honest opinion because if an admin dislikes you, they can just label your comment as a legitimate insult and infract the shit out of you.

Anyway, there isn't a definite answer for your question, Brad and I covered it as much as it can be covered, mostly Brad though.

So you can take this to Congress, file a community report, etc etc.

Awaiting player, 24 hours.

10 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Justin Fakie's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's add another 24 in case an admin wants to chime in. If not, this can be closed.

Retired Administrator
    In-Game Name(s)
    Clark_Mattsson
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fakie View Post
    Let's add another 24 in case an admin wants to chime in. If not, this can be closed.
    Closed