Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with runing GTA:SA

Hello. When I open Sa-Mp 0.3z and connect to the game, when i click on green arrow (connect) it doesnt appear nothing. I had the same problem in Win 8 then I installed Win 7 Ultimate x86 bit but nothing.. What should I do?

Thank ya for help

Jason Di Rello

Development Team
    In-Game Name(s)
    Skylar Parker (Minnie)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try running SA-MP 0.3z with administrative privilege, "Run as Administrator".

Nothing is random. Everything has a sequence.

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Set both the game and client to "run as administrator." To do this follow these steps. 1. Right click the icon. 2 Click on Properties. 3. On the bottom you will find a empty check box by Run as Administrator check it. 4 Press apply and ok. 6 Do the same with second icon. This will fix your problem in 90% of the cases.
    The finest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist

In-Game Name(s)
    Octet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evening.

Try the following steps,

1. Right click on GTA_sa.exe in your game root dictionary -> properties -> capabilities tab -> run this program in capability mode for: Windows XP service pack 3 to Windows 7. Whilst at it tick "run as administrator" in case there are permission issues. Do not bother doing this with sa-mp.exe, it won't change anything.

2. Perhaps it's your graphics? Right click on GTA_SA.exe (game root dictionary), hover over: run with graphics processor. . . then navigate to "change default", have a play around.

3. Assure your system is up to date with the recent .NET framework. .NET Framework is a class library for the regular called window functions that most applications used. Updating this will fix any corruptions within. There have been some cases where applications can cause conflicts or issues.

4. If none of the above work, go to ..\Documents\GTA user files.. is it there? Has the game created the dictionary? Have you ever had the game running on that machine? How old is your machine and what are the specs? Have you tried more than one version of GTA SA, if downloaded (and not brought)?
    Last edited by erei; 2nd May 2015 at 08:08 AM.
    d y1zan
    Lead Developer
    National Guards Corporal
    Former Lead Mapper
    Former National Guards General
    Have a question? Don't hesitate to ask!

Executive Administrator 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Nightmaid's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Missy Purrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    try deleting the gta_sa.set which by default goes to C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Swift View Post
    Evening.

Try the following steps,

1. Right click on GTA_sa.exe in your game root dictionary -> properties -> capabilities tab -> run this program in capability mode for: Windows XP service pack 3 to Windows 7. Whilst at it tick "run as administrator" in case there are permission issues. Do not bother doing this with sa-mp.exe, it won't change anything.

2. Perhaps it's your graphics? Right click on GTA_SA.exe (game root dictionary), hover over: run with graphics processor. . . then navigate to "change default", have a play around.

3. Assure your system is up to date with the recent .NET framework. .NET Framework is a class library for the regular called window functions that most applications used. Updating this will fix any corruptions within. There have been some cases where applications can cause conflicts or issues.

4. If none of the above work, go to ..\Documents\GTA user files.. is it there? Has the game created the dictionary? Have you ever had the game running on that machine? How old is your machine and what are the specs? Have you tried more than one version of GTA SA, if downloaded (and not brought)?
    Now I'm installing Framework, but when I do 1. and 2. step, then now if i click connect to the server, it shows: "Unable to execute"
    I will reply here when i install framework and delete gta_sa.set

thank ya

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Installed Framework 4.5.2 is this version the last one?

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    try deleting the gta_sa.set which by default goes to C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files
    I dont have any gta_sa.set bcuz i installed win 7 yesterday and when i installed Sa-Mp on it, i was unable to connect.
    And.. Does it matter if i installed it customly to Local Disc D not to C?

EDIT: Still dont (( FUCKIN )) work i made everything I can and what you typed here.. Any other things to make it?

In-Game Name(s)
    Octet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    I dont have any gta_sa.set bcuz i installed win 7 yesterday and when i installed Sa-Mp on it, i was unable to connect.
    And.. Does it matter if i installed it customly to Local Disc D not to C?

EDIT: Still dont (( FUCKIN )) work i made everything I can and what you typed here.. Any other things to make it?
    HD partition label: D is fine, number 1 explains why:

1. Go to GTA root dictionary and then right click on sa-mp.exe -> properties -> capabilities -> run as admin ticked -> apply -> restart SAMP client. It was a test to testify if the path was correct, not a fix. But as SA-MP needs administrator privileges to run GTA SA also, with administrator privileges.

The SAMP path is correct to the GTA root dictionary, which is good.

You'll probably find yourself back to where you started...

So the other thing I can think of is you've tried two operating systems, possibly two different versions of GTA_SA, correct? Could be your graphics.

2. GTA SA root -> GTA_SA.exe - right click -> graphics processor -> change default (is this available for you?) -> adjust the processor it's running with.
    d y1zan
    Lead Developer
    National Guards Corporal
    Former Lead Mapper

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Swift View Post
    HD partition label: D is fine, number 1 explains why:

1. Go to GTA root dictionary and then right click on sa-mp.exe -> properties -> capabilities -> run as admin ticked -> apply -> restart SAMP client. It was a test to testify if the path was correct, not a fix. But as SA-MP needs administrator privileges to run GTA SA also, with administrator privileges.

The SAMP path is correct to the GTA root dictionary, which is good.

You'll probably find yourself back to where you started...

So the other thing I can think of is you've tried two operating systems, possibly two different versions of GTA_SA, correct? Could be your graphics.

2. GTA SA root -> GTA_SA.exe - right click -> graphics processor -> change default (is this available for you?) -> adjust the processor it's running with.
    Still dont work and when I do 2. step when I right click on gta_sa.exe there is no graphics processor sorry, is any other way?

In-Game Name(s)
    Octet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Still dont work and when I do 2. step when I right click on gta_sa.exe there is no graphics processor sorry, is any other way?
    What graphics card do you got?
    d y1zan
    Lead Developer
    National Guards Corporal
    Former Lead Mapper

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm copying from dxdiag, here:

Name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Manufacturer: (standard display types)
    Chip type: Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile Graphics Chipset
    DAC type: 8 bit
    Approx. total memory: N/A
    Current display mode: 1024x768 (32-bit) (1Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

EDIT: If I reinstall the game and put the latest version of Samp 0.3.7 will it work or will just 0.3z work bcuz when I had win7 4 months ago and it work'd

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reinstalled it but it still doesnt work FUCK.

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    You now what, forget it, Archive this im going to win8 back YEA YEA

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep relogging. I had the same problem and relogged like 10 times and it worked.

16. Laughed at Alexei laughed at this post
    WTF'd Alexei WTF'd this post
    Soldier 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Emily Grey's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Emily Grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its likely not your operating system.

Since you went to windows 7 did you remember to download the GTA SA 1.0 EXE which is required for SAMP? That very well could have been the issue.
    big changes are here, more soon stay tuned

4 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts Klash's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Klash Smith
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Grey View Post
    Its likely not your operating system.

Since you went to windows 7 did you remember to download the GTA SA 1.0 EXE which is required for SAMP? That very well could have been the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sex is my game View Post
    Keep relogging. I had the same problem and relogged like 10 times and it worked.
    Awaiting Player - 24 hours.
    ex
    Community Head Helper x3 || LSPD Chief || FBI Special Agent || Senior Tester

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did yea but now im on win 8 now ill check if it work

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    Workson win 8 thank everybody fo' help real thank ya now im back in game bro's!

In-Game Name(s)
    Neftali
    Post Thanks / Like
    Answered.