Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Government Executive
    Attorney General
    In-Game Name(s)
    Mister White
    Post Thanks / Like

Sound Driver Issue

In-Game Name: Rico Gonzalas
    Date: 27/11/2016
    Your Question:

I dun fucked up when I tried reinstalling my drivers. The computer detects the speakers being plugged in but still gives me that notice that it's not plugged in anymore. I've tried restarting the audio services but it continues to give me that notification, also manually disabled the automatic installations and used other multiple drivers but those default ones keep coming back. Tried installing those reaktek ones because it's what my motherboard supports but apparently the shit's not supported by windows 10, been at this bullshit for hours and have had no luck. Anyone know what the fuck's going on or experienced this?

Director
    Beta Tester
    Faction Leader
    7 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    un-install your drivers you reinstalled, - take your speakers out, from your PC. Re install, and then plug em in. It might not be working due to you reinstalling your shit whilst your speakers were plugged in, so they didn't detect em. - If it's still not working, try using head-phones, and if they work go online to the brand of your speakers webpage and seek troubleshooting advice from them personally.
    Lex.

Casey Rizzuto - Level 43
    FBI Director - Cartel Underboss - Syndicate Patron - HA Operative - Slot owner

Government Executive
    Attorney General
    In-Game Name(s)
    Mister White
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthor View Post
    un-install your drivers you reinstalled, - take your speakers out, from your PC. Re install, and then plug em in. It might not be working due to you reinstalling your shit whilst your speakers were plugged in, so they didn't detect em. - If it's still not working, try using head-phones, and if they work go online to the brand of your speakers webpage and seek troubleshooting advice from them personally.
    Lex.
    Doesn't matter what I plug in, it will detect the headphones or the speakers but will say it's not detected.

Removed the realtek drivers and went back to the default ones that were installed and still had no success, tried unplugging the speakers like you mentioned but that didn't work either.
    But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction

Probationary Administrator 500 Posts Bradley's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Brad Cooper.
    Post Thanks / Like
    First time I had this, I plugged in a pair of headphones and it worked - strange.

This eventually pissed me off so I uninstalled GTA SAMP. Uninstalled My driver for the Sound Card. Downloaded the Asus driver download tool. Updated my sound card to the latest version available. Tested sound works. Then reinstalled SAMP. and it was fine again. Pain in the arse but it worked only took about half an hour.
    | Brad Cooper | Level 25 |

IG Status : Active | Forums Status : Active

Factions!
    Spoiler!

Families!
    Spoiler!

Community Staff Jobs!
    Spoiler!

5. Likes J liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    First time I had this, I plugged in a pair of headphones and it worked - strange.

This eventually pissed me off so I uninstalled GTA SAMP. Uninstalled My driver for the Sound Card. Downloaded the Asus driver download tool. Updated my sound card to the latest version available. Tested sound works. Then reinstalled SAMP. and it was fine again. Pain in the arse but it worked only took about half an hour.
    Give this a try Rico, let me know if it works. If it doesn't I'll post a possible solution below.

Pending original poster, 48 hours.
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

7. Thanks Bella thanked for this post
    6 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Markus's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Rodney Knox
    Post Thanks / Like
    re-install the driver from the device menu or some

got a red nose from sniffin yay call me rudolph

Youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwr...0Mlki6zb0wu9YA

Hitman Agency || The Syndicate || CJNG || CICADA 3301 || Zherdev OPG

GOV R5 || SAPD R3 x2 || Las Colinas Cartel || GSF R6 x3 || Beehives Piru Mafia slot holder || Cahill Cartel R5 || GPB R5 x2. || CVL36 R5 || East Los Connection slot holder.

mapper x helper x tester x gfx academy x event helper

Government Executive
    Attorney General
    In-Game Name(s)
    Mister White
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrelle View Post
    Give this a try Rico, let me know if it works. If it doesn't I'll post a possible solution below.

Pending original poster, 48 hours.
    No success. I'll take any solutions, I've had this issue for over a week now lol
    But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction

10. Likes Bella liked this post
    Retired Administrator
    TeamSpeak Manager
    In-Game Name(s)
    Dustin_Keys
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a desktop or a laptop? What brand and model? Forgive me if it's been posted before but I cannot seem to find that info. Also, is this a clean install of Win10 or is this an upgrade? Do you happen to use Norton?

To start off with, please try running a System File Checker on your system. Steps on how to do this are below:

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

If that does not help, my next suggestion would be to try:

1. Go back into Services
    2. Locate Windows Audio service and double click it to open properties.
    3. Select Dependencies tab and expand the components listed in “This service depends on the following system components.”
    4. Make sure all the components listed above are Started and Running
    5. Restart the Windows Audio services
    6. Reboot to apply changes.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

12. Likes J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A temp fix to this is to use VAC (Virtual audio cable) it'll let you go in game once this is installed at least.

Devil's Bitch
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    After realizing your last reply on Jerrele's post, I'll let it be here for another 24 hours, pending original poster.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has Dustin's solution worked for your Rico? It seemed quite extensive and promising, please get back to us as soon as possible.

Pending original poster, 24 hours.
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

Devil's Bitch
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you require further more assistance relating to this issue, PM one of the section moderators to have this re-opened.

Closed & Moved!