Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

[03/02/2017] Vincenzo_Cavalcante's Warn and Mute Appeal [Aaron Royal]

In Game Name:
    Vincenzo_Cavalcante
    Level:
    Date:
    03/02/2017
    Appealing For:
    Warn and Mute
    Involved Helper:
    Aaron Royal
    Screenshot of the Incident:
    State the reason for your appeal:
    This guy is on a spree today.

I was answering questions on /newb and this one guy advertised about selling mats. I muted him and he asked on /newb how could he get unmuted.

I guess literally everyone is misinformed and answered with /requestadunmute. I responded with "Call 63971". Players continued to respond with /requestadunmute, and I simply said that I will remute him if he does /requestadunmute simply because SAN owns the /ad system and the money should go to us, not vanish in the economy. Mr. Aaron Royal then proceeded to mute me again without any explanation, saying that I just respond with abusive answers.
    Additional Information:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't say that 'don't use /requestadunmute, we will mute you again' what do you think that was it legit answer? try to use your mind while answering /newb(ie) chat ?

he asked that how to get unmuted from /ad, and your answer should be /requestadunmute or ic'ly contact SAN, you should not answer that don't use /requestadunmute and we'll mute you again, come on.

I have no negativity against you, I am warning you just because you're continuously trolling over /newb.

Pending Director of Newbie chat appeals, Jendry.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    As being a previous SAN faction leader myself and a Community Helper, I'd like to share just a little input whilst being unbiased as possible.

We used to do this in SAN as well, if players used /requestadunmute we would simply use /blacklistad once again, it's pretty much metagaming, the /requestadunmute command should really and truly be developed to go through to SAN if it's an IC mute and Administrators if it's an OOC mute, the system is confusing at the moment which is why I can understand Vincenzo's frustration when he broadcasted that /newb.

In a way, it wasn't really that beneficial towards the players question but it also was at the same time, as Vincenzo is actually advising the player not to break a server rule, which is Metagaming.

This is an issue that should be brought up with developers and administrators immediately to avoid anymore future confusion, if it were me, I'd just give Vincenzo a verbal warning and correct players answers that were wrong and misleading.

Decision is up to Jendry, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents to shed light on the situation so people can actually why Vincenzo posted what he did.
    Last edited by J; 3rd February 2017 at 03:24 PM.
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

4. Thanks Aaron. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
    You can't say that 'don't use /requestadunmute, we will mute you again' what do you think that was it legit answer? try to use your mind while answering /newb(ie) chat ?

he asked that how to get unmuted from /ad, and your answer should be /requestadunmute or ic'ly contact SAN, you should not answer that don't use /requestadunmute and we'll mute you again, come on.

I have no negativity against you, I am warning you just because you're continuously trolling over /newb.

Pending Director of Newbie chat appeals, Jendry.
    They should not use /requestadunmute because that command existed before SAN had this blacklist system. Please go to our section and see the prices for the FCC violation.

You should not misinform players because some admins are also misinformed like you, and will accept the request for the unmute. SAN is supposted to earn money from this. I wanted to write more but the chat would not let me because the message would be too long.

And yes, that was a legit answer because nobody answered correctly. I answered first with call 63971, but literally nobody else knew about this.

/requestadunmute should be disabled and only should be used when there is no SAN.

Oh yeah, and that was not my first answer.
    My first answer was "Call 63971 and request for an unmute" or something along those lines.
    When I saw EVERYONE saying /requestadunmute, I was frustrated that everyone gave a wrong answer, and responded with what I responded.
    Last edited by Cavalcante; 4th February 2017 at 05:57 AM.

Executive Administrator 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Jendry's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Jendry_Baratheon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrelle. View Post
    As being a previous SAN faction leader myself and a Community Helper, I'd like to share just a little input whilst being unbiased as possible.

We used to do this in SAN as well, if players used /requestadunmute we would simply use /blacklistad once again, it's pretty much metagaming, the /requestadunmute command should really and truly be developed to go through to SAN if it's an IC mute and Administrators if it's an OOC mute, the system is confusing at the moment which is why I can understand Vincenzo's frustration when he broadcasted that /newb.

In a way, it wasn't really that beneficial towards the players question but it also was at the same time, as Vincenzo is actually advising the player not to break a server rule, which is Metagaming.

This is an issue that should be brought up with developers and administrators immediately to avoid anymore future confusion, if it were me, I'd just give Vincenzo a verbal warning and correct players answers that were wrong and misleading.

Decision is up to Jendry, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents to shed light on the situation so people can actually why Vincenzo posted what he did.
    Vincenzo can be unmuted and unwarned with a verbal warning given to him.

11.09.2017 | | 27.10.2017 | | 19.12.2017 | | 02.02.2018 || 10.03.2018 | | 04.06.2018

Spoiler!

7. Thanks Cavalcante thanked for this post