Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Which idea is the best?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Sean Johnson

84 36.52%
  • 2. Fyrious

5 2.17%
  • 3. Lucas Maxwell

10 4.35%
  • 4. Josh Atwood

13 5.65%
  • 5. Scotty

83 36.09%
  • 6. JamesGeraldson

12 5.22%
  • 7. Sammy Bruetti

4 1.74%
  • 8. Chingy

6 2.61%
  • 9. Josip

13 5.65%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1 Year Veteran
    The Camorra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Josip View Post
    If you wanted to quote me, you should have asked me to PM you more detailed and enhanced plan of salvation, but meh...

Anyhow... You should not choose one of those plans and just go by it, you should combine all of those and make one unique plan that will be adjusted for the best of community.

You should have asked someone educated to make you this plan and to search trough every plan you have provided up there in order to see pros and cons of each idea those players suggested.

Hopefully you will see this and choose the best oprion for SARP.
    no point wasting so much time to make one very unique plan and how you will execute it.

he is a junior admin and not smo, so i bet smo will just say "no" or something stupid like that

and btw, almost 99 percent of these "ideas" are trash, no offense
    smo
    sell the server

Family Leaders 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Koji_Takamato's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Koji_Takamato
    Post Thanks / Like
    All those suggestions are great but Sean's, Lukas's and Atwood's ideas are the best ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bruetti View Post
    "im just doing this for the gvip so here are a few"

Do you know about us? Click on the Z to learn about the Zaibatsu Corporation.

3 Year Veteran 500 Posts Juan Ledesma's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    To get the money back to a realistic point, all you have to do is cut everyone's money by 90-95%. Do that then play around with the prices of things in game to find the most realistic prices. People with a lot of money will still have the most money, but with the reduced money and realistic prices it will cost people a lot more for unnecessary things like buying a full weapon set whenever they die. Keep the prices of weapons at around the same place with limited ammo. This will decrease DM and promote roleplay as people will be more cautious with their weapons.

In-Game Name(s)
    Papa Revere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think the economy is the least of our worries. Also not to mention, if you mess with anyone's money, like reset it or anything I can guarantee this server will officially die. That's the honest truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    Ey, ey, listen you both, Jeremy, I don't want to fucking insult, but you and him are shits, you must get fired from adminstration, going with him? Huh? You really stupid, don't think I am an newbie guy, I am Michael Crawford, go ask about me, now you are with him, listen listen, I got somebody which can be near me, but I won't because I am not like you, going with him because he is your friend? And like wtf? Only you want to be with him because friends, anyways, wanna close this FC shit? Do it, gtfo.

9 Year Veteran 500 Posts Nadeem's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Find it IG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vouching for Sean <3
    Families And Factions History:-
    Spoiler!

Family Leaders 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Nawfal Wayne's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    ↓↓ IS ↓↓ ◄------- Nawfal Wayne -------►
    Post Thanks / Like
    Voted for josip's one, *9
    Spoiler!

7. Thanks Josip thanked for this post
    SAPD 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Josip's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Josip
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty. View Post
    no point wasting so much time to make one very unique plan and how you will execute it.

he is a junior admin and not smo, so i bet smo will just say "no" or something stupid like that

and btw, almost 99 percent of these "ideas" are trash, no offense
    You have wrong impression my friend. Smo is not the guy who just goes and says ''No'' to everything. Smo is simply kind of person that is hard to contact and talk to, and even if you do, he forgets about it within day or two unless you are ''big donor'' and he gave you personal contacts, so you can contact him if you have any issues.
    Hating me from across the country does absolutely nothing to me.

But I bet it fucks up your day... doesn't it?

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

In-Game Name(s)
    Octet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't vote for friends please.
    Another thing I've noticed however is some ideas aren't fully elaborated upon.
    i.e Sean's: we can add sink holes but what?
    d y1zan
    Lead Developer
    National Guards Corporal
    Former Lead Mapper
    Former National Guards General
    Have a question? Don't hesitate to ask!

10. Likes Candraningrat, Dizzy DiCaprio liked this post
    1 Year Veteran
    The Camorra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Josip View Post
    You have wrong impression my friend. Smo is not the guy who just goes and says ''No'' to everything. Smo is simply kind of person that is hard to contact and talk to, and even if you do, he forgets about it within day or two unless you are ''big donor'' and he gave you personal contacts, so you can contact him if you have any issues.
    whatever the reason is

no point wasting so much time
    smo
    sell the server

In-Game Name(s)
    Dizz
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkleberg View Post
    Personally I think the economy is the least of our worries. Also not to mention, if you mess with anyone's money, like reset it or anything I can guarantee this server will officially die. That's the honest truth.
    ^

13. Thanks Liker thanked for this post
    Laughed at Garland laughed at this post
    Likes Nawfal Wayne liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Classified.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean Johnson's idea is crap and does not resolve anything. But that's because the players want to keep the economy the way it is without seeing any improvements.

Hitman Agency Director
    Federal Bureau of Investigation Deputy Director

Senior Abmin
    Hitman Director x8
    Sector 9 Agent
    FBI R4 x3

7 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Alicia_Grant
    Post Thanks / Like
    We shouldn't do anything and focus on fixing the script and focus on creating a funnier game

Nobody asked for San Andreas RealPlay, if you want realism you can go and live a life/play the Sims. the economy has been odd for years, why focusing on fixing that instead or fixing bugs or fixing dumb rules that restricts RP or fun (like rules that requires u getting admin perm to do anything too special lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Josh Atwood's set of ideas because of the formatting.

Just kidding, his ideas are better than others. Forbid trading things got through donations. They're the main cause of community's destruction.
    thevoltmeter#7292

Retired Developer 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Moonbear's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop saying "omg this server will die", if the kids want virtual money they can fuck off, this solution is for a better experience for the players not for the ones who don't roleplay and just /b you buy me house?
    I'm a MoonBear

18. Laughed at Lord Marshall, Esparragoza. laughed at this post
    Likes Esparragoza. liked this post
    7 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Alicia_Grant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbear View Post
    Stop saying "omg this server will die", if the kids want virtual money they can fuck off, this solution is for a better experience for the players not for the ones who don't roleplay and just /b you buy me house?
    This is the dumbest thing I've heard today and I've been with a drunk person today

Most people will leave if anything they have is reset. If you lose your stuff that you've played for thousands of hours for, why the hell would you come back to start at square one when there are servers with better management, staff, community and such? I for sure would not return if I lost my stats, mainly because it is fucking boring to work to stuff back when you already are semi-bored whenever you are in game.

Focus on fixing stupid rules restricting fun and that, instead of regulating shit like it actually matters. What should be regulated is PG, MG and OOC stuff. IC stuff like bank robberies and that should not be regulated, because that restricts fun. Pretty sure that most people don't come on to SARP and think "WOW TODAY I WANNA PLAY AS A LAW ABIDING CITZEN" when they most likely are that IRL.

Try a reset and SARP will lose players and might die (worst case), if you don't trust that you're ignorant and dumb.

20. Likes Candraningrat liked this post
    Retired Developer 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Moonbear's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I've heard today and I've been with a drunk person today

Most people will leave if anything they have is reset. If you lose your stuff that you've played for thousands of hours for, why the hell would you come back to start at square one when there are servers with better management, staff, community and such? I for sure would not return if I lost my stats, mainly because it is fucking boring to work to stuff back when you already are semi-bored whenever you are in game.

Focus on fixing stupid rules restricting fun and that, instead of regulating shit like it actually matters. What should be regulated is PG, MG and OOC stuff. IC stuff like bank robberies and that should not be regulated, because that restricts fun. Pretty sure that most people don't come on to SARP and think "WOW TODAY I WANNA PLAY AS A LAW ABIDING CITZEN" when they most likely are that IRL.

Try a reset and SARP will lose players and might die (worst case), if you don't trust that you're ignorant and dumb.
    Yeah I'm the one restricting fun, okay.
    SARP's economy is broken, if you really worked hard to achieve money then you went the wrong way because I CKed twice and had x2 of my money back easily. I wouldn't care if I had my account reset thousands of times because I don't mind that. Yeah that's the problem I'm talking about: a lot of people here just spam ooc to earn money, don't even roleplay.

If you say it would die okay, in my point of view it's already dying if no one's roleplaying and only focus on earning stuff.
    I'm a MoonBear

1 Year Veteran
    The Camorra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbear View Post
    Yeah I'm the one restricting fun, okay.
    SARP's economy is broken, if you really worked hard to achieve money then you went the wrong way because I CKed twice and had x2 of my money back easily. I wouldn't care if I had my account reset thousands of times because I don't mind that. Yeah that's the problem I'm talking about: a lot of people here just spam ooc to earn money, don't even roleplay.

If you say it would die okay, in my point of view it's already dying if no one's roleplaying and only focus on earning stuff.
    ??????????????????????

In every fucking game you play, you earn shit. That is what we all do. Even in real life you fucking try to earn shit. You think people come here to just to fucking get their shit reset? No they don't. Right now your main point is to fix the server, but that doesn't mean you have to fucking reset the economy, because you don't really have to take anyone's money away. There are a lot of ways to fix the problems we have here and all you fucking guys want to do is just reset the server and let's check what will happen then.

No. This shit won't fix a thing lol

How about you start with getting rid of all hackers aka fix your damn fucking anti-cheat system that will ban everyone who even thinks about hacking.
    smo
    sell the server

Sean Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Swift View Post
    Don't vote for friends please.
    Another thing I've noticed however is some ideas aren't fully elaborated upon.
    i.e Sean's: we can add sink holes but what?
    I already gave one sinkhole as example.

- A business owner doesn't get the full amount of money a customer spends, some vanishes as "tax" that the government placed on the product.

- Another sinkhole could be adding the RC Bandit as a remote control vehicle for players to buy in a newly mapped electronics store along with a TV that must be bought in order to /watchtv inside your property and other electronics such as the cellphone could be moved there. Anyways, back to the main point of the sinkhole. The RC Baron will not occupy a vehicle slot, instead it will be registered in the inventory. You can spawn it whilst you already have a vehicle spawned as well. If you use the RC Bandit, you will be holding a detonator in your hand as a attached object. If you drive too far out of range from where your character is, the RC Bandit will stop working. There will be upgrades available so you can upgrade your RC Bandit to have more range and increased battery life, both at expensive fee. Charging your battery and purchasing a battery itself costs a lot of money as well. People could use these RC vehicles on tracks to race on and bet money with eachother or even use it to spy on people, it has potential for usage in roleplay and it's a very original concept. I probably wrote this sinkhole idea way too confusing but I hope it's understandable where I'm going to and of course it can be improved/adjusted to a SARP friendly service. If this idea is considered, it should all be very expensive and if the RC Bandit gets totalled because someone shoots it or it gets damaged too much you should lose it completely and have to purchase a new one along with the upgrades again. The RC Bandit racing system where people bet could be completely scripted along with a service where you can rent the usage of a track at a server owned business which will also ensure that everyone pays their bet automatically if they lose.

- Introduce weapon skill.
    We all know that everyone has maximum weapon skill in SARP with all weapons except with colts, tecs and other weapons that give you the advantage of wielding 2 instead of 1. What if we change this system so that you can actually use a shooting range after you've obtained a weapons license to improve your weapon skill and get better at shooting. Not only will this make people who have illegal firearms without a license weaker, but it will also make a weapon license be more demanded by players and we could introduce a system where players who get their weapon license application accepted, have to pay a fee to accept their weapon license which will vanish and RPly go to PD so their armory is stocked. This fee could be very high to drain money out of the game. Weapon licenses should also not be as easy to obtain as asking an officer to /gwl, the command should be more restricted to ensure it's not handed out to everyone that wants one if you want this to work out.

- Do not remove Emmet.
    People are complaining that Emmet is too OP and needs to be removed, let me correct you.
    Yes, Emmet's weapons are easy to obtain, but Emmet is a NPC. Any money he earns is sinked out of the game. He should however, only sell a Colt45 as other guns should be obtainable through real players. However, Emmet could have a very nice addition that will sink money from the game even if he only sells a Colt. In addition to the suggestion above, introduce a feature for him to improve your weapon skill on the shooting range seen in the singleplayer mission 'Nines and AKs' with bottles on trash bins at a expensive fee and it should be more time consuming than a regular shooting range as well.

I can think of so much more but honestly I don't want to write on and write on as it'll just become a hassle to even read and it'll be overlooked.

4 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Melvin
    Post Thanks / Like
    ppl dont get that this is about voting for the best economy fix, not about voting for your fucking friends

25. Thanks Robert Mueller thanked for this post
    Sean Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Johnson View Post
    I already gave one sinkhole as example.

- A business owner doesn't get the full amount of money a customer spends, some vanishes as "tax" that the government placed on the product.

- Another sinkhole could be adding the RC Bandit as a remote control vehicle for players to buy in a newly mapped electronics store along with a TV that must be bought in order to /watchtv inside your property and other electronics such as the cellphone could be moved there. Anyways, back to the main point of the sinkhole. The RC Baron will not occupy a vehicle slot, instead it will be registered in the inventory. You can spawn it whilst you already have a vehicle spawned as well. If you use the RC Bandit, you will be holding a detonator in your hand as a attached object. If you drive too far out of range from where your character is, the RC Bandit will stop working. There will be upgrades available so you can upgrade your RC Bandit to have more range and increased battery life, both at expensive fee. Charging your battery and purchasing a battery itself costs a lot of money as well. People could use these RC vehicles on tracks to race on and bet money with eachother or even use it to spy on people, it has potential for usage in roleplay and it's a very original concept. I probably wrote this sinkhole idea way too confusing but I hope it's understandable where I'm going to and of course it can be improved/adjusted to a SARP friendly service. If this idea is considered, it should all be very expensive and if the RC Bandit gets totalled because someone shoots it or it gets damaged too much you should lose it completely and have to purchase a new one along with the upgrades again. The RC Bandit racing system where people bet could be completely scripted along with a service where you can rent the usage of a track at a server owned business which will also ensure that everyone pays their bet automatically if they lose.

- Introduce weapon skill.
    We all know that everyone has maximum weapon skill in SARP with all weapons except with colts, tecs and other weapons that give you the advantage of wielding 2 instead of 1. What if we change this system so that you can actually use a shooting range after you've obtained a weapons license to improve your weapon skill and get better at shooting. Not only will this make people who have illegal firearms without a license weaker, but it will also make a weapon license be more demanded by players and we could introduce a system where players who get their weapon license application accepted, have to pay a fee to accept their weapon license which will vanish and RPly go to PD so their armory is stocked. This fee could be very high to drain money out of the game. Weapon licenses should also not be as easy to obtain as asking an officer to /gwl, the command should be more restricted to ensure it's not handed out to everyone that wants one if you want this to work out.

- Do not remove Emmet.
    People are complaining that Emmet is too OP and needs to be removed, let me correct you.
    Yes, Emmet's weapons are easy to obtain, but Emmet is a NPC. Any money he earns is sinked out of the game. He should however, only sell a Colt45 as other guns should be obtainable through real players. However, Emmet could have a very nice addition that will sink money from the game even if he only sells a Colt. In addition to the suggestion above, introduce a feature for him to improve your weapon skill on the shooting range seen in the singleplayer mission 'Nines and AKs' with bottles on trash bins at a expensive fee and it should be more time consuming than a regular shooting range as well.

I can think of so much more but honestly I don't want to write on and write on as it'll just become a hassle to even read and it'll be overlooked.
    Oh yeah and the shooting range should cost money too, for some reason I can't edit but I forgot to mention that. It should be obvious tho.