Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle bugs/issues [06/16]

Dear players,

As you may know, an issue regarding purchasing vehicles has appeared within our script during the past few weeks, these issues are very known to our developers and they're doing their utter best in attempts to find the main cause of the issue so they can then move onto fixing and patching the issue once and for all, which may possibly even result in the reverting of a previous update that may have caused it. We can only wait and see, time will tell. The KNOWN issues regarding vehicles are as follows (will be updated if anymore are found):

Code:
    • When purchasing a vehicle from the dealership, a manual reconnect of your character (game restart) will be required for it to appear in your /v cars.
    • When purchasing or selling a vehicle from or to another player, any upgrades that were once there will vanish upon the sale.
    The administrative requests moderators have been doing their utter best when it comes to resolving any issues for those whom have been affected by any of these bugs, which usually involves of the refunding of vehicles and/or the refunding of vehicle upgrades that have been lost within sale. The San Andreas Roleplay administration team does suggest to not sell or purchase any vehicles whilst these issues remain unfixed if players do not wish to fall victim to the bugs, however, administration understands that sometimes it may be unavoidable to purchase and/or sell vehicles to enhance a players roleplaying experience and for that reason, we are not putting any official restrictions upon purchasing and selling vehicles and administration will always be very helpful in terms of putting right what's wrong.

But unfortunately, a few bad apples have spoiled it for the rest. Recently, administrators have been punishing players who have attempted to forge evidence and generally lie to administrators in attempts to receive free vehicle upgrades for their vehicles and take advantage of the bug(s), therefore we're setting a few restrictions upon receiving a refund and all of them must be met before your Game Related Request will be approved.

• A clear explanation of what happened. Doesn't have to be long at all, just enough so administrators can understand what actually happened as not all situations are alike.
    • Valid Proof. You will be required to have proof of the vehicle upgrades (usually acquired by contacting the seller) before selling the vehicle. If the seller or buyer cannot provide a picture of the vehicle upgrades BEFORE the sale (which is not a picture from someone else/an old and outdated picture) then there will simply be no refund.
    • Proof of sale/purchase. Along with proof of the upgrades, you will need proof that you did in fact purchase the vehicle from a player/dealership or sold the vehicle to a player. Without it, there will be no refund.
    It's in your best interest to capture as much evidence as you possibly can, the more clearer the evidence and the layout of the evidence, will result in a faster refund. Some Game Related Requests will need extended investigation, such as logs and such before a refund can be processed, so don't be afraid if it takes several days, we're just ensuring everything is truthful. All Game Related Requests are also checked for authenticity and the forgery of any evidence, do NOT attempt it when submitting a game related request.

I hope this clears up any confusion for a lot of you in regards to the unfortunate vehicle bugs we have encouraged in the last few weeks. If you have any questions that aren't in the FAQ below, forward them to myself here or any other server administrative requests moderator (can be seen by checking the section moderators) and you'll receive an answer to your question as soon as possible.

FAQ

Q: What if the seller does not have proof?

A: Then unfortunately there are only two options. Either the seller accepts the vehicle back, WITHOUT the upgrades for failing to capture proper evidence, or the seller refunds you the fee of $1,050,000 which covers the price of purchasing all upgrades for a vehicle. If they refuse to accept the vehicle back, they will be FORCIBLY fined $1,050,000 for failing to capture valid evidence.

Q: The seller refuses to accept the vehicle back and refund me, help?

A: Make a player related complaint upon the player and a complaint moderator will give the player an amount of time to reach a reasonable solution that best suits both parties, if one cannot be met, the seller will be FORCIBLY fined the amount of $1,050,000 to cover the cost of all upgrades.

Q: I purchased a vehicle from the dealership and when I logged out and in it still wasn't there, help?

A: Submit a Game Related Request with proof of you purchasing the vehicle from the dealership and you'll be refunded either the purchase amount or with the same vehicle or another of the exact or less value of the vehicle you initially purchased.

Q: I don't have any evidence, what do I do?

A: Simply put, there's nothing that can be done. Administrators cannot check vehicle upgrades and such through the use of logs, without valid evidence, there will no longer be ANY refund of vehicle upgrades due to a few bad apples that have spoiled it for the rest.

Q: How do I take a screenshot and upload it?

A: You can take a screenshot by tapping F8 upon your keyboard when in-game. The screenshot will automatically be saved to your GTA SA userfiles SAMP director, in example would be: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP\screens. You may then upload any screenshots to http://imgur.com or any other image hosting website.

Examples of acceptable evidence

Spoiler!

Best regards,
    San Andreas Administration Team

2. Thanks Aaron., Carlo Messina, Lmntrix thanked for this post
    Laughed at Eddie_Eagle, caspy, Brian Prime, Melvin Harris, Markus laughed at this post
    Dislikes Eddie_Eagle disliked this post
    Hated Eddie_Eagle hated this post
    WTF'd Eddie_Eagle, Henderson WTF'd this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another issue that has been reported and confirmed. Be aware of this.

Code:
    • When you purchase a vehicle from a dealership, it won't appear in your /v cars. Even after relogging the vehicle still does not appear.
    We're not sure what's causing this nor are we sure of any workaround, therefore it's best to ALWAYS capture evidence when you purchase a vehicle from now just be be safe. If you have a question, remember to check the FAQ upon this thread or send me a private message.

Q: I don't have any evidence, what do I do?

A: Simply put, there's nothing that can be done. Administrators cannot check vehicle upgrades and such through the use of logs, without valid evidence, there will no longer be ANY refund of vehicle upgrades due to a few bad apples that have spoiled it for the rest.

Q: How do I take a screenshot and upload it?

A: You can take a screenshot by tapping F8 upon your keyboard when in-game. The screenshot will automatically be saved to your GTA SA userfiles SAMP director, in example would be: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP\screens. You may then upload any screenshots to http://imgur.com or any other image hosting website.
    Please remember we can do very little without correct evidence in order for us to manually issue you a refund.
    With correct evidence you can submit a GRR here: http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/forms.php?do=form&fid=91
    Last edited by J; 19th June 2017 at 05:34 AM.
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

4. Thanks Galeotto thanked for this post
    Laughed at Galeotto, Brian Prime laughed at this post
    Dislikes Galeotto disliked this post
    Hated Galeotto hated this post
    WTF'd Galeotto WTF'd this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no current ETA on the fix for this from developers, however I still see some members of the server who aren't aware of this bug and are forgetting to submit/capture screenshots, going to give this a bump so more players are aware of these vehicle bugs.

The best thing you can do until this is fixed, is take screenshots of ALL trades and purchases, both before and after.

6. Likes Aaron., Gideon., Sparke, Argo, Nadeem liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update;

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond
    Vehicle bugs are being worked on currently by Jacob. Estimated time for them to be fixed is probably next update (depends on him though).
    Remember to continue taking evidence before and after you purchase a vehicle from a dealership/player, the issue is now being worked on and should be eradicated soon.

8. Thanks Charles Luciano, Nazario, Ilyass Kech thanked for this post
    Laughed at Astral laughed at this post