Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

[07/07/2017] Jason_Hunter's Mute Appeal [Jizzy Black]

In Game Name:
    Jason_Hunter
    Level:
    Date:
    07/07/2017
    Appealing For:
    Mute
    Involved Helper:
    Jizzy Black
    Screenshot of the Incident:
    [img]Don't have one[/img]
    State the reason for your appeal:
    Yeah uh apparently a guy called Johnny Night told Jizzy to permanently mute me from the newbie chat for accidentally saying 10-4 over /newb, even when a PD member said it was a MC shortly afterwards. I'm not sure how this could even be considered abuse or why Johnny Night is attempting to be so strict but it isn't necessary.
    Additional Information:
    Don't have any screenshots of it, only one I have is when I got muted. I'm assuming logs can be checked.

In-Game Name(s)
    Johnny ;)
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the screenshot. Jizzy mistyped /pm with /ap. Jason comes and responds with "/newb 10-4" so I requested jizzy to /nmute him permenantly out of the (/newb) channel. Seeing the screenshots it's obvious that the made /newb was intentional. Just because you had Peter saying "/newb MC by Jason" doesn't actually make it a mischat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Gideon
    4.1) /nmute | /nwarn references

In order to mute or warn someone, you should act accordingly. The references are the following:
    - Players level 1-5 abusing:
    First time will receive a warning, second time is a 1 hour muting, third time is a permanent mute [Helper Discretion]

- Players level 6-11 abusing:
    First time will receive a warning, second time will receive a permanent mute.[Helper Discretion]

- Players level 12+ abusing:
    They will be permanently muted on the spot, they have been here long enough to know not to abuse.[Helper Discretion]

- Player advertising another server:
    They will receive a permanent mute. (Any level)
    Followed the helper's guidelines and muted him permenantly seeing that he's a high level.

Pending PR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro™ View Post

Here's the screenshot. Jizzy mistyped /pm with /ap. Jason comes and responds with "/newb 10-4" so I requested jizzy to /nmute him permenantly out of the (/newb) channel. Seeing the screenshots it's obvious that the made /newb was intentional. Just because you had Peter saying "/newb MC by Jason" doesn't actually make it a mischat.

Followed the helper's guidelines and muted him permenantly seeing that he's a high level.

Pending PR.
    I don't understand why you are attempting to place such a high level of strictness onto the newbie chat.
    It was an honest mistake, I don't understand what else you want me to do? Beg?
    It's a newbie channel. I've seen a countless amount of people use the channel inappropriately yet nothing happens to them.
    If you want to enforce strictness then ensure it is enforced consistently throughout the server.
    x

Development Team
    In-Game Name(s)
    Skylar Parker (Minnie)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll edit this when I'm back home. Locked for now.

Edit;

By the looks of it, it does look like intentional /newb abuse. There is no way you can M/C /newb with /or or /r if that's what you supposedly wanted to use.

Closed. You need to request a mute appeal.
    Last edited by $kylar; 7th July 2017 at 10:29 AM.

5. Likes Retro™ liked this post
    Dislikes Jason Hunter disliked this post