Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like

How to resolve error code [0x07B5D001] and/or revert the Windows 10 Creator update

So as everyone knows, the infamous Windows 10 'creators update' is affecting many SAMP players from multiple servers, there are very little fixes currently available to combat this issue and usually anyone who plays with modifications or ENBs will suffer from their game completely breaking when they install the Windows 10 Creators update. I had it forced on me earlier today so I'm going to make a quick 5 minute tutorial on how I actually solved the issue and how you can solve it as a very last means if this tutorial doesn't work for you. So if you're getting the error code below, this tutorial will work for you (method C is 100% guaranteed)

• 0x07B5D001

Method A;

This method is fairly simple. All you have to do is follow the instructions below with the following script.

Code:
    @echo off
    color 17
    set scriptversion=v1.1
    Title Windows 8/8.1 ENBSeries 0.248 compatibility script %scriptversion% by Marty McFly, Craank_AG

echo.
    echo .:[ Windows 8/8.1 ENBSeries 0.248 startup utility %scriptversion% ]:.
    echo .:[ Authors: Marty McFly, Craank_AG ]:.
    echo .:[ Exclusive for MMGE ]:.
    echo.

REM Gets the SID of the current logged in user, needed for wiping the registry values which cause issues with ENB 0.248

for /f "delims=" %%i in ('wmic useraccount where "name='%UserName%'" get sid /value') do (
    for /f "delims=" %%j in ("%%i") do set "%%j"
    )

REM Sets batch file dir as working directory, since batch files ran as admin use system32 by default

pushd %~dp0 >nul 2>&1

REM Checks existance of problematic registry keys and deletes them thereafter, plus giving out proper message.

REG Query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" >nul 2>&1
    if %errorlevel%==0 ( 
    REG Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /f
    echo. [startup util] Registry entry successfully deleted!
    ) else (
    echo. [startup util] Registry entry not found, skipping. 
    ) 

REG Query "HKEY_USERS\%SID%\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore" >nul 2>&1
    if %errorlevel%==0 ( 
    REG Delete "HKEY_USERS\%SID%\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore" /f
    ) else (
    ) 

REG Query "HKEY_USERS\%SID%\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" >nul 2>&1
    if %errorlevel%==0 ( 
    REG Delete "HKEY_USERS\%SID%\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /f
    ) else (
    ) 

REG Query "HKEY_USERS\%SID%_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Direct3D\MostRecentApplication" >nul 2>&1
    if %errorlevel%==0 ( 
    REG Delete "HKEY_USERS\%SID%_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Direct3D\MostRecentApplication" /f
    ) else (
    ) 

REG Query "HKEY_USERS\%SID%_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication" >nul 2>&1
    if %errorlevel%==0 ( 
    REG Delete "HKEY_USERS\%SID%_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication" /f
    ) else (
    ) 

REM Finally starts the GTA SA exe file after everything is done.

echo. [startup util] Done. Starting Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    start SAMP.exe
    pause
    • Head to your my documents, open your GTA SA user files folder and delete the gta_sa.set file inside. (Default: C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)
    • Copy and paste all of the code above.
    • Open a fresh text file and paste the code in by right clicking or CTRL+V.
    • Hit 'file' and go to 'save as' then hit the 'save as type' at the bottom and make sure it's 'all files'.
    • Now type in a name for it such as '10fix.bat' - make sure you include the .bat extension or this will not work.
    • Now with the newly compiled file, head to your GTA SA directory and drag the file in or highlight the file, CTRL+C then CTRL+V inside the directory. (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\GTA San Andreas)
    • Right click your '10fix.bat' file and hit 'Run as an administrator' it should now open your SAMP client, try to run the San Andreas Roleplay server if you're lucky, the game should now run for you smoothly.

If this does not work, see below.

Method B;

• Hit 'start' and type in 'Turn windows features on or off', hit the first application that comes up.
    • Press 'L' on your keyboard and double click into the 'legacy components' so it drops down.
    • Make sure the 'DirectPlay' feature is checked, if it already is checked, uncheck it and try run SARP regardless.
    • If you've checked it whilst it was unchecked, then restart your computer and try to run SARP now.

If this does not work, see below.

Method C;

This is an absolute last resort and it'll be the process of reverting and downgrading your windows version to before the Windows 10 Creator update. This will quite literally gurantee you to have your GTA fixed, however you will miss out on vital updates that Microsoft have pushed with valuable features, I only recommend this as an absolute last resort, however a fix may come out within the near future.

• Hit start, type in 'settings' and hit the application.
    • Scroll down until you see "Update & security" hit that tab and then hit 'Recovery' inside.
    • You'll have three options, what you want to select is 'Get started' under 'Go back to an earlier build'.
    • Follow the process Microsoft has set up to safely follow the windows 10 creators update revert process which for myself, was relatively quick.

And that's pretty much it, just a simple tutorial to rectify the problem a lot of players seem to be having with the Windows 10 creators update, which is deemed to be very buggy and less favourable right now, hopefully a hotfix will be released soon, however this is mainly what we've got to work with.

Credits:
    Marty McFly, Craank_AG [Code]
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

2. Laughed at VoltMeter laughed at this post
    Likes Liker, Valentina, Low, VoltMeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I wish I found this guide earlier. That update was so annoying it's unbelievable.

4. Likes J liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobbles View Post
    Man, I wish I found this guide earlier. That update was so annoying it's unbelievable.
    It really was to be honest, glad you got the issue sorted though!
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

Post Thanks / Like
    Also if you're running memory editing cleos and using 0.3.7-R2 SAMP will not work properly as the memory signatures have changed since. This means memfix, lag.cs, and tons of other cleos should crash your game (cleo itself should even crash).

7. Thanks Moonbear thanked for this post
    Likes J liked this post