Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: Ping issue/lag

In-Game Name(s)
    Jackson_Virgo Pepe_Santana Margarita_Calderon Emiliano_Galan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ping issue/lag

Is it possible that everytime i join SARP's server, i get ddosed by it or something? It's really making the game unplayable, i only can play for a few minutes before it goes ape.

Before login

After Login

How can i fix this?
    #NOBALLS

Spoiler!

2. Likes Alfaiz, Demetrius. liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Aaron_Steel
    Post Thanks / Like
    This happened to me when I was using an unsteady internet connection. Find out whats your internet's up/down and pm me it. I was getting 80-120 ping while using a free internet cafe wifi then it would jump to 600+, I would then have to disconnect and then reconnect to the internet for it to run fine again. Now that I play at my house I stay at a constant 15-30 ping.

Here is the link to check your up and down brother - http://beta.speedtest.net/
    Pending OP -12 Hours.

Rep4Rep

OOC Achievements

I 26.08.2018 I 31.10.2018 I 08.12.2018 I

I Beta Testing Manager I Head Helper I Discord Management I Junior Developer I
    I Director of community complaints I Event Mod I Log Access I Assistant Director of Administrative Request Mod I
    Assistant Director of Property Management I Shop Mod I Forum Mod I Ban Appeal Mod I
    I Gov / DoJ Mod I

IC Achievements

I Governor I SAPD I FBI I FMD I National Guard I SAN News I
    I Senate I Faction Leader I

I Grove Street I Glen Park Ballas I The Project 7895123 I Avalon Crips I The Camorra I Cicada 3301 I Varrio Los Aztecas I

Proud Takamato

4. Likes JackTheRipper liked this post
    9 Year Veteran
    Old-School Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Andrew_Cool Andrew_J_Roth Dom_Drago Andrew_Roth
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a number of possible factors. Wireless connections, for starters, tend to have issues having reliable ups and downs speed, causing severe issues whenever the wireless connection hiccups in anyway. If you're playing on a local net cafe, you're dealing with several other users using the same upload and download speeds to play their games, the more intensive the online game, the more up and down it takes to run. Lastly there's mods, even though you're playing it client sided, those mods still have to be loaded on your end which can drastically effect your connection if you're not using a computer that can handle that kind of img load. Do what Aaron suggested first before anythings conclusive, but these are some other things to take into account.

How to get blacklisted forever from everything

Finally checked and I beat Dill's speed, gg.

~Warning: i'm an asshole~

6. Likes JackTheRipper, Low liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Jackson_Virgo Pepe_Santana Margarita_Calderon Emiliano_Galan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cool View Post
    There's a number of possible factors. Wireless connections, for starters, tend to have issues having reliable ups and downs speed, causing severe issues whenever the wireless connection hiccups in anyway. If you're playing on a local net cafe, you're dealing with several other users using the same upload and download speeds to play their games, the more intensive the online game, the more up and down it takes to run. Lastly there's mods, even though you're playing it client sided, those mods still have to be loaded on your end which can drastically effect your connection if you're not using a computer that can handle that kind of img load. Do what Aaron suggested first before anythings conclusive, but these are some other things to take into account.
    I don't play in a cafe and also the mods i have are low poly, i have solid 100 fps at all times. I restarted my router but i suspect it to be some program running in the background. Anyways, i think i can figure it out
    #NOBALLS

Spoiler!

7 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts Alexa's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    ミキ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard there are apps these days wherein someone could connect instantly to a wifi connection, even if it has a password set up. Try checking if anyone's connecting via your wifi's settings.

Other than that, try contacting your internet provider.

In-Game Name(s)
    Aaron_Steel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
    Anyways, i think i can figure it out
    Do you still need community assistance or this can be closed brother?

Rep4Rep

OOC Achievements

I 26.08.2018 I 31.10.2018 I 08.12.2018 I

I Beta Testing Manager I Head Helper I Discord Management I Junior Developer I
    I Director of community complaints I Event Mod I Log Access I Assistant Director of Administrative Request Mod I
    Assistant Director of Property Management I Shop Mod I Forum Mod I Ban Appeal Mod I
    I Gov / DoJ Mod I

IC Achievements

I Governor I SAPD I FBI I FMD I National Guard I SAN News I
    I Senate I Faction Leader I

I Grove Street I Glen Park Ballas I The Project 7895123 I Avalon Crips I The Camorra I Cicada 3301 I Varrio Los Aztecas I

Proud Takamato

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost two weeks passed, OP didn't give a reply.

Closed due to inactivity.