Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired Developer 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Moonbear's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like

Duffle Bag System [OFFICIAL]

Introduction

The duffle bag system is used mainly for delivering materials/guns/drugs, especially when it comes to big amounts.

The system is limited however the limits are not rough at all:
    • 7 weapon slots
    • 25,000 materials
    • 1,000,000 cash
    • 150 drugs (150 capacity for each drug, so there could be 150 cocaine and 150 meth and so on)

In order to prevent objects stacking, abuse and lag:
    • The duffle bag will disappear 10 minutes after its been dropped.
    • Buying duffle bags is done through 24/7 (to be changed - more on this soon) and there is a cooldown of 20 minutes before buying another (you don't need to be in-game for this however it is 20 minutes that can not be avoided)

In contrast to the briefcase system, the duffle bag can not be hidden or taken with you on logout. This item is a one time use, therefore:
    • If you get injured, your duffle bag will drop and anyone would be able to pick it up
    • If you log out with a duffle bag in hand, it will drop and anyone would be able to pick it up
    • On restart, all duffle bags will be removed (from players or dropped duffle bags)

You may get started by going to any 24/7 and buying a duffle bag through /buy.

This will automatically give you the dufflebag. You can not unequip it.

Commands

There is only one command for this system - /dufflebag. Here are its options:

/dufflebag pickup

/dufflebag check

/dufflebag deposit

/dufflebag withdraw

/dufflebag show (used to show someone the stuff inside your dufflebag - looks the same as /dufflebag check but with an automated RP line)

/dufflebag drop

Future plans/features

This is a list of features that I am planning to do. Note that this might take time, and some of the features might be lifted/changed.

• /dufflebag give - give your dufflebag to another player directly instead of having to drop and pickup.
    • The ability to put duffle bags in trunks - optional, you can currently drive with it so this is better for roleplay rather than a transport method.

Thanks to Rio Castle and Lucas Maxwell for helping me test this
    Last edited by Moonbear; 23rd September 2018 at 09:17 AM.
    I'm a MoonBear

2. Likes Bradley, Rossy, Megapax, Garland, Lazovsky and 12 others liked this post
    7 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts Jaxy.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing, we really need this.

Hoodsta
    In-Game Name(s)
    Erdem Johnson
    Post Thanks / Like
    dopeshitamigomothafucka
    Grove Street Families

Spoiler!

5. Laughed at Lmntrix laughed at this post
    Likes Garland liked this post
    WTF'd Lmntrix WTF'd this post
    7 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done!

7. Laughed at Sugarety laughed at this post
    Likes Garland liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Timur_Kadyrov
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if a GMX/server crash occurs while there are players with dufflebags? To be honest I see a lot of items being lost due to stupid reasons. The concept looks good but I believe it needs a little bit more polishing.
    ex hsiu sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by panky pops
    Hmm...
    Imagine being so desperate to come up with a good comeback that one needs to resort to racial insults.

Just proved my point about how your existence is pathetic, and how mentally ill you are. Go cry on Dirk's shoulders now.

9. Likes Garland, Tyler Khan, Moonbear liked this post
    Retired Developer 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Moonbear's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hristian View Post
    What if a GMX/server crash occurs while there are players with dufflebags? To be honest I see a lot of items being lost due to stupid reasons. The concept looks good but I believe it needs a little bit more polishing.
    Indeed, I spoke to admins about it. There's going to be logging messages, however more than that is not for this system. If you're just putting a few stuff, logging message would be enough. If you're going to make a huge deal, take a SS just in case, that's what I'd do at least.
    I'm a MoonBear

11. Likes Garland liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Skarr Torino
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbear View Post

Introduction

The duffle bag system is used mainly for delivering materials/guns/drugs, especially when it comes to big amounts.

The system is limited however the limits are not rough at all:
    • 7 weapon slots
    • 25,000 materials
    • 1,000,000 cash
    • 150 drugs (150 capacity for each drug, so there could be 150 cocaine and 150 meth and so on)

In order to prevent objects stacking, abuse and lag:
    • The duffle bag will disappear 10 minutes after its been dropped.
    • Buying duffle bags is done through 24/7 (to be changed - more on this soon) and there is a cooldown of 20 minutes before buying another (you don't need to be in-game for this however it is 20 minutes that can not be avoided)

In contrast to the briefcase system, the duffle bag can not be hidden or taken with you on logout. This item is a one time use, therefore:
    • If you get injured, your duffle bag will drop and anyone would be able to pick it up
    • If you log out with a duffle bag in hand, it will drop and anyone would be able to pick it up
    • On restart, all duffle bags will be removed (from players or dropped duffle bags)

You may get started by going to any 24/7 and buying a duffle bag through /buy.

This will automatically give you the dufflebag. You can not unequip it.

Commands

There is only one command for this system - /dufflebag. Here are its options:

/dufflebag pickup

/dufflebag check

/dufflebag deposit

/dufflebag withdraw

/dufflebag show (used to show someone the stuff inside your dufflebag - looks the same as /dufflebag check but with an automated RP line)

/dufflebag drop

Future plans/features

This is a list of features that I am planning to do. Note that this might take time, and some of the features might be lifted/changed.

• /dufflebag give - give your dufflebag to another player directly instead of having to drop and pickup.
    • The ability to put duffle bags in trunks - optional, you can currently drive with it so this is better for roleplay rather than a transport method.

Thanks to Rio Castle and Lucas Maxwell for helping me test this
    Increase the drug size. You know 1000 grams is a kilo and a kilo is 1 brick? Can easily fit in a duffle bag.

13. Likes Arn, Garland, Brian Prime liked this post
    7 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorox View Post
    Increase the drug size. You know 1000 grams is a kilo and a kilo is 1 brick? Can easily fit in a duffle bag.
    This.
    Positions on SA-RP - IC section:

Families:
    * Glen Park Ballas - Certified Double O.G. (R5) - Jay Dawson - 2015
    * The Santos Corporation - Criminal Mastermind (R6) - Alvin Santos - 2015
    * DaColio Corporation - ?? (R4) - Vinny DaColio (??) - 2015
    * Golden Tiger Enigma - Outsider??? (R0) - Ezi Royal 2015
    * The Rinaldi Corporation - Boss (R6) - Slotholder - 2016
    * Black Lotus Security - ??? - Dragus Armarti (??) - 2018
    * Varrio Los Aztecas - Guerrero?? (R3) - ??? - 2018

Factions:
    * San Andreas Fire and Medical Department - Chief (R8) x3
    * San Andreas Fire and Medical Department - Lieutenant (R6) - Ed Hope - 2015
    * San Andreas Fire and Medical Department - District Chief (R7) - Megan Bloom - 2017
    * San Andreas Fire and Medical Department - District Chief (R7) - Mary Erosel/Bloom - 2017 ♥
    * Los Santos Police Department - Sergeant of Training and Recruitment (R3) - Robert Henderson - 2016 or 2017.
    * San Andreas Police Department - Senior Officer (R2 Detective Bureau) - Charlie Coliony - 2018
    * San Andreas Network - Anchor (R4?) - Jerrelle McKenzie - 2016 or 2017
    * San Andreas Network - Junior Reporter/Correspondent (R1/R3) - Hank James - 2018
    * San Andreas Network - Field Reporter (R2) - Frank Malcom - 2018
    * San Andreas National Guards - First Lieutenant (R3) - Jacob Malcom - 2016
    * San Andreas National Guards - Lieutenant General (R5) - Francis Thompson - 2018
    * Federal Bureau of Investigation - Staff - FBI CID

Groups:
    * The Ravens - Boss (R6) - Andy Playa
    * The Bureau - Special Agent (R4) - Xander Malcom
    * The Network - Special Agent (R4) - John Crowley
    * Tijuana Cartel - Soldado (R4) - ????

Positions on SA-RP - OOC section:

Helpers Team - Senior EU Helper - Bella Clava/Joseph Kennedy
    Helpers Team - Helper - Jendry Baratheon/Emilio Mazzarelli?
    Helpers Team - Helper - Emilio Mazzarelli/Reece

Regular Helper
    Regular Mapper

15. Likes Garland liked this post
    5 Year Veteran Michael Beneventi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lmao, don't tell me PD will force-check dufflebags at 10-1 smh.

ot: legit took a good amount of time, but great you're putting in effort brother

17. Likes Garland liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    rio
    Post Thanks / Like
    good job desmond..

rio castle || megan queen

19. Likes Garland liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Beneventi View Post
    lmao, don't tell me PD will force-check dufflebags at 10-1 smh.

ot: legit took a good amount of time, but great you're putting in effort brother
    lol

As I said, the difference between a briefcase and the duffle bag is that briefcase is a hidden storage place (makes no sense) and the duffle bag can not be hidden and is equipped all the time.

I doubt PD would get a duffle bag unless they put nothing into it and trick their high commands or put like 69 money in there, damn I'm definitely going to do that
    I'm a MoonBear

21. Likes JohnNissan liked this post
    Retired Developer 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts DwayneD's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Dwayne_Dutch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, a new system that uses the same non-interactive chat GUI as all the other 2012 systems. Can't wait until this is on the server!

23. Laughed at Moonbear laughed at this post
    6 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Markus's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Rodney Knox
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneD View Post
    Nice, a new system that uses the same non-interactive chat GUI as all the other 2012 systems. Can't wait until this is on the server!
    shut up pls
    i dont like desmond but i respect the effort he put into this system, good job

got a red nose from sniffin yay call me rudolph

Youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwr...0Mlki6zb0wu9YA

Hitman Agency || The Syndicate || CJNG || CICADA 3301 || Zherdev OPG

GOV R5 || SAPD R3 x2 || Las Colinas Cartel || GSF R6 x3 || Beehives Piru Mafia slot holder || Cahill Cartel R5 || GPB R5 x2. || CVL36 R5 || East Los Connection slot holder.

mapper x helper x tester x gfx academy x event helper

25. Thanks Moonbear thanked for this post
    Laughed at Moonbear laughed at this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this even a thing? It should be just like the briefcase, you shouldn't lose it when you log out or anything. What purpose does this serve except potentially make players lose items and create GRR's for admins = more work.

You have ten minutes sure yeah, but the concept of it makes no sense logically unless you can enlighten me.

150 grams for a drug for one dufflebag is completely unrealistic and chump change. You could hold up to 10 kilos in one bag, but for sarp's case make it at least 500-1000 grams. You can carry more on your person than the actual dufflebag?

Nonetheless good stuff been waiting for this for a long time.

8 Year Veteran Elijah van Meijer's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Elijah van Meijer
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can fit 6 slots worth of weapons in it then you should be able to fit a lot more materials & drugs in it.

Besides that, great addition.

28. Likes Slice Walshy, DakotaZ, Makorox liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    LIT

Great for families/gangs, nice job Des
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

30. Thanks Slice Walshy thanked for this post
    Laughed at Slice Walshy laughed at this post
    Dislikes Slice Walshy disliked this post
    Hated Slice Walshy hated this post
    WTF'd Slice Walshy WTF'd this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Prime View Post
    Why is this even a thing? It should be just like the briefcase, you shouldn't lose it when you log out or anything. What purpose does this serve except potentially make players lose items and create GRR's for admins = more work.

You have ten minutes sure yeah, but the concept of it makes no sense logically unless you can enlighten me.

150 grams for a drug for one dufflebag is completely unrealistic and chump change. You could hold up to 10 kilos in one bag, but for sarp's case make it at least 500-1000 grams. You can carry more on your person than the actual dufflebag?

Nonetheless good stuff been waiting for this for a long time.
    It's not supposed to be another storage option, it's a method to transport drugs/weapons/mats/money because right now you can only use cars and people, which you sometimes don't have.
    If this was just like briefcase people would unequip it before cops even pull them over. I don't know why you mention the drugs limit being unrealistic because being able to hide a briefcase/duffle bag and then no one see/touch it - that is unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah van Meijer View Post
    If you can fit 6 slots worth of weapons in it then you should be able to fit a lot more materials & drugs in it.

Besides that, great addition.
    It's actually 7 weapons, usually when I do such stuff I keep the computer counting (starting from 0) because I see no reason to change it unless necessary. However, 1-6 is indeed 6 slots, but counting slot 0 it'll be 7.

Thank you for all for your feedback and suggestions. I do agree on the drugs, and I've decided to increase the limit of /each/ drug to 750. Of course more can be stored since we're speaking of grams but that's just how the new drugs system was made (so if we compare the old system - 750g cocaine right now would be 750 crack, hence the limits).
    I hope you can all understand this ^

I'll be doing /dufflebag take (for LEOs) and /dufflebag give (to give another player your duffle bag from hand) for this update.
    I'm a MoonBear

In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not supposed to be another storage option, it's a method to transport drugs/weapons/mats/money because right now you can only use cars and people, which you sometimes don't have.
    If this was just like briefcase people would unequip it before cops even pull them over. I don't know why you mention the drugs limit being unrealistic because being able to hide a briefcase/duffle bag and then no one see/touch it - that is unrealistic.

It's actually 7 weapons, usually when I do such stuff I keep the computer counting (starting from 0) because I see no reason to change it unless necessary. However, 1-6 is indeed 6 slots, but counting slot 0 it'll be 7.

Thank you for all for your feedback and suggestions. I do agree on the drugs, and I've decided to increase the limit of /each/ drug to 750. Of course more can be stored since we're speaking of grams but that's just how the new drugs system was made (so if we compare the old system - 750g cocaine right now would be 750 crack, hence the limits).
    I hope you can all understand this ^

I'll be doing /dufflebag take (for LEOs) and /dufflebag give (to give another player your duffle bag from hand) for this update.
    You can make it where the dufflebag is shown and seen on your character at all times w/o losing it when you log out etc? That would be way better and this system should replace the briefcase essentially in both methods of storage and transport. Obviously if u risk storing that much shit on you all the time, it still being visible u could get arrested.

In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Prime View Post
    You can make it where the dufflebag is shown and seen on your character at all times w/o losing it when you log out etc? That would be way better and this system should replace the briefcase essentially in both methods of storage and transport. Obviously if u risk storing that much shit on you all the time, it still being visible u could get arrested.
    --> LTA

I doubt anyone would dare to LTA with that in hand unless they only want to avoid the arrest.

And no I'm trying to prevent using it for storage completely, we're sticking to the current methods for a reason (houses/family safes).
    I'm a MoonBear

In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    --> LTA

I doubt anyone would dare to LTA with that in hand unless they only want to avoid the arrest.

And no I'm trying to prevent using it for storage completely, we're sticking to the current methods for a reason (houses/family safes).
    LTA = instant prison + dufflebag items removed but alright