Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

In-Game Name(s)
    vick_santiago
    Post Thanks / Like

Preventing Infections

SandBoxie Is a well known free sandbox. The information is located on the website.

There is also an antivirus capable of the same thing, i recommend comodo antivirus, with me knowing how to hack myself i can honestly say, in my black hat days i always had trouble with comodo as they kept up with the underground world. However i still use sandboxie because its simple to use and easy to find out if you get infected. I run my web browsers through this is case of java drive bys or javascript exploits that are used to temporarily infect browsers.

Introducing Sandboxie

Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

The red arrows indicate changes flowing from a running program into your computer. The box labeled Hard disk (no sandbox) shows changes by a program running normally. The box labeled Hard disk (with sandbox) shows changes by a program running under Sandboxie. The animation illustrates that Sandboxie is able to intercept the changes and isolate them within a sandbox, depicted as a yellow rectangle. It also illustrates that grouping the changes together makes it easy to delete all of them at once.

Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox

Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.

Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.

Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.

Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
    Last edited by vick_santiago; 13th July 2013 at 12:49 PM.

2. Dislikes KevinBlackburn disliked this post
    Shi
    Direct download link: http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall.exe

Virus Total Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/a3...850b/analysis/

Be sure to take caution when opening any file or website.

Soldier 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Emily Grey's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Emily Grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's plenty of viruses that can get around Sandbox programs, or that sandbox programs won't prevent, just sayin, it's not 100% foolproof.
    big changes are here, more soon stay tuned

5. Likes Mathias liked this post
    Retired Administrator
    In-Game Name(s)
    byt3
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can always get infected by 0-day exploits in this sort of software (assuming such exploits exist), it's all a matter of a hacker finding them and how they choose to use/release it.

Just know you're never safe, it's all a matter of how smart about everything that you are.
    Former Head Administrator
    Former Lead Developer
    Programmer/Web Developer
    SA-MP Scripter since 2008

Tonight, tonight! Off with his head!

In-Game Name(s)
    vick_santiago
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Grey View Post
    There's plenty of viruses that can get around Sandbox programs, or that sandbox programs won't prevent, just sayin, it's not 100% foolproof.
    There aren't plenty. However thats why i recommended comodo antivirus it also does the same thing + more. It is always smart to have muiltiple security layers just in case, sandboxie offers a good deal. People knowing about this will keep them safe from what? 98% of the bullshit out there. That 1 hacker who actually does spend his own money time and effort sure ass hell isn't giving any sort of exploit out if any have even been found. I haven't seen any working exploit online. I have seen 1 hacker exploit sandboxie through shared memory. That has been patched.

instead of wasting time most hackers try to social engineer people which is alot quicker then attempting to take a crack at some sandboxie software. There are no publicly known exploits for this thing that work from what i have seen.

Now as for sandboxie, do you even know how it works? as long as one is on atleast vista or above and does not run any software with admin privilege then you pretty much revoke any memory edits the software may want to do preventing a world of hurt.

Besides you don't "go around" or "bypass" a sandbox, you exploit it and even then it's a great deal of working trying to jump outside of the box.. This is why you update it frequently and have a antivirus that does it's job.
    Last edited by vick_santiago; 14th July 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Banned
    In-Game Name(s)
    chaz goldberg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what a crypter is OP

Retired Administrator
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firescratch View Post
    Do you know what a crypter is OP
    I am almost positive everyone does?

Banned
    In-Game Name(s)
    chaz goldberg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not OP since 70 percent of FUD Crypters go through Sandboxie.

1 Year Veteran 500 Posts KevinBlackburn's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Kevin Blackburn
    Post Thanks / Like
    *facepalm*

Me owning a hitman:
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Quote from the Wonderful John Wahl:

Quote from the Wonderful Cody (Byt3):

12. Laughed at byt3 laughed at this post
    Likes byt3 liked this post