Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Banned 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Brother
    Post Thanks / Like

[20/03/2015] Jenko_Fresh's Mute Appeal

In Game Name:
    Jenko_Fresh
    Level:
    Date:
    20/03/2015
    Appealing For:
    Mute
    Involved Helper:
    Vinny Meadows
    Screenshot of the Incident:
    State the reason for your appeal:
    He mute me for abuse when I was answering a newbie? How's that abuse?
    Additional Information:
    Yo I paid for a newbie unmute right before that and why did I get muted for one warning when I just paid for a full unmute? Aren't I sposta get 3 changes yo?

2. Laughed at Elijah van Meijer laughed at this post
    5 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that it was your issue, but the newbie that was trolling and that the newbie should get warned, but not you.

Ps. I was just told to check it, giving my opinion. even if it has any effect or not

8 Year Veteran Elijah van Meijer's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Elijah van Meijer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that you were answering him but as a high leveled player you should teach him to use /newb for server related questions instead of using it as a global chat to ask other player's numbers from. Instead of saying that, you just gave him your number. I wasn't going to mute you because the offence was very minor, so I simply warned you and it turned out you had 2 other warnings and ultimately you got pmuted.

Up to a Senior Helper+ to unmute you.

5. Laughed at JENKO laughed at this post
    Likes JENKO, WallyStone liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Brother
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Meadows View Post
    I understand that you were answering him but as a high leveled player you should teach him to use /newb for server related questions instead of using it as a global chat to ask other player's numbers from. Instead of saying that, you just gave him your number. I wasn't going to mute you because the offence was very minor, so I simply warned you and it turned out you had 2 other warnings and ultimately you got pmuted.

Up to a Senior Helper+ to unmute you.
    yeah but i was never warned before i just paid for a newb unmute other day so i thought i was sposto get like 3 chances or smthn

10 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Justin Fakie's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JENKO View Post
    yeah but i was never warned before i just paid for a newb unmute other day so i thought i was sposto get like 3 chances or smthn
    Yeah, that happens to me. I think if you're a high level you get the instant mute because you should know better, and you clearly do if you're saying you expected 3 chances like that. Just how it is Jenko

Stoner
    In-Game Name(s)
    -----
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol if you /requestnewbieunmute does all warnings reset?

In-Game Name(s)
    Brother
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fakie View Post
    Yeah, that happens to me. I think if you're a high level you get the instant mute because you should know
    better, and you clearly do if you're saying you expected 3 chances like that. Just how it is Jenko
    wtf bro that's just racist i wasted like 1mill on that shit it should atleast remove all my warnings

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    lol if you /requestnewbieunmute does all warnings reset?
    i thought it did but it doesnt like wtf

10 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Justin Fakie's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JENKO View Post
    wtf bro that's just racist i wasted like 1mill on that shit it should atleast remove all my warnings
    I don't make the rules, I just break them

11. Laughed at Sam Gideon laughed at this post
    8 Year Veteran Elijah van Meijer's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Elijah van Meijer
    Post Thanks / Like
    /requestnewbieunmute removes 1 warning which unmutes you but keeps the two other warnings there. The only way to get those removed are by a helper.

This has been an issue for a while and I remember Justin bringing it up to me a while back.

I'll put it under the list of things that need to be discussed in the helper meetings.

13. Thanks Justin Fakie thanked for this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not an issue, I've said it on multiple occasions that's how the function is scripted.

When a player for the first time abuses newbie chat and receives 3 warnings (individually), he get muted permanently. After he gets unmuted from the chat, and abuses the chat for a single time even, he receives a warning which turns into direct permanent mute. The reason is very obvious, not everytime you guys need 3 warnings beforehand getting permanently muted from the chat so everytime you abuse newbie chat and receives a warn, it turns into direct pmute.

You cannot follow a simple rule and the punishment stands fair in your case. The concept of 3 initial warnings is for legit newbies not known trolls on SARP.

Closed.