Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Retired Administrator Larry Fox's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Larry_Fox
    Post Thanks / Like

[30/08/2015] Larry Fox's Warn Appeal

In Game Name:
    Larry Fox
    Level:
    Date:
    30/08/2015
    Appealing For:
    Warn
    Involved Helper:
    Dakota Hardie
    Screenshot of the Incident:
    [img]got problem with taking SSes, so i will use logs.[/img]
    State the reason for your appeal:
    Okay Hi,
    As always, i would like to help newbies and other players, one of the ways i am helping by is /newb, today, actually before some minutes a player asked over /newb for the second time: "Have fellow question related on the script ? ask [/newb] or [/requesthelp] for it."
    As im FMD now i would be RPing time to time.. so i /newb'ed answering him " as you wish" which means that he is free which way to take and thats a n asnwer not abuse.
    If Mizter Dakota consider that abuse then what should i say?
    i tried to speak with him via SMS and told him that its unfair.
    i had this way then to use, to FC the player who i respect.

((((((((((((((((( i have problem with taking SSes thats why i used logs )))))))))))))))))

[12:12:28] ** Newbie Dave Yun [82]: Have fellow question related on the script ? ask [/newb] or [/requesthelp] for it. **

[12:12:32] ** Trainee Josh DiCaprio: 10-4, over. **

[12:12:37] ** First Responder Darren Maraz: (( relogging )) **

[12:12:40] ** Mapper Larry Fox [42]: as u wish **

[12:12:45] {FF0000}Warning{FFFFFF}: You were newbie-warned by Dakota Hardie due to abuse.
    Additional Information:
    I dont want anything happen to Dakota, just remove the warn.
    thanks.

In-Game Name(s)
    Larry_Fox
    Post Thanks / Like
    so??

Spoiler!

5 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Sam
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe this could stay with a Verbal Warning since it's not a real abuse and he helps a lot these days.

Pending PR/Dakota

10 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Gideon View Post
    I believe this could stay with a Verbal Warning since it's not a real abuse and he helps a lot these days.

Pending PR/Dakota
    I'm a temp helper and I know I shouldn't be muting/warning players but when I'm all alone and I see a player who is level 23 (Over 850+ playing hours) that goes out abusing on /newb instead of actually setting a proper example, thats where I draw the line.

His comment was ;

Not contributing to the question whatsoever.
    Could be considered as trolling.
    Blatant abuse as a high level.

And many more. I stand by my decisions to warn you unless a HH directly orders me to do so.

9 Year Veteran
    Chartered Old-School Legend
    Retired Administrator
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Cole's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Cole Setland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I'm a temp helper and I know I shouldn't be muting/warning players but when I'm all alone and I see a player who is level 23 (Over 850+ playing hours) that goes out abusing on /newb instead of actually setting a proper example, thats where I draw the line.

His comment was ;

And many more. I stand by my decisions to warn you unless a HH directly orders me to do so.
    I somewhat agree to what your saying, he's a high experienced player and the answer he gave was necessary and improper, but I wouldn't say it's severe enough to receive a warn.

@Larry - I understand you like to help players and you were caught up in roleplay, but at times you have to choose one. If you want to help someone, you have to give them a detailed answer so they understand or don't bother answering at all because someone else will do it. With your in game experience, I believe you should know that "as u wish" wasn't a proper answer or necessary.

5 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Sam
    Post Thanks / Like

His comment was ;

He just said his comment was "as you wish"???
    I can't follow anymore

In-Game Name(s)
    Larry_Fox
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay i understand that /newb answer wasnt proper but at i tried to help him...
    Its even have no more details? Its both the same way while asking over /newb or requesting a helper so he will ask..
    I told him "as you wish" so he can decide which way is easy or comfortable for him..
    I do understand that i should /newb @[his name] and explain both of the ways... But that doesnt consider abuse, you could SMS me explaining to me in private or even /ap me telling that you should give more detailed and proper answer, that would be better than giving a warning for abuse which that doesnt consider abuse.

I have nothing toward you Dakota, i consider you as a friend and i respect you and your decision even if its something wrong.

I will be more aware in the close future in answering the players over /newb.

Spoiler!

10 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    Okay i understand that /newb answer wasnt proper but at i tried to help him...
    Its even have no more details? Its both the same way while asking over /newb or requesting a helper so he will ask..
    I told him "as you wish" so he can decide which way is easy or comfortable for him..
    I do understand that i should /newb @[his name] and explain both of the ways... But that doesnt consider abuse, you could SMS me explaining to me in private or even /ap me telling that you should give more detailed and proper answer, that would be better than giving a warning for abuse which that doesnt consider abuse.

I have nothing toward you Dakota, i consider you as a friend and i respect you and your decision even if its something wrong.

I will be more aware in the close future in answering the players over /newb.
    I'll remove you warning IG, maybe a verbal warning could be put in place instead.

9. Thanks Larry Fox thanked for this post
    5 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys really are making me laugh. So anyone saying as you wish, to an answer will get warned?

I think that his answer was pretty normal, he isn't a helper to give a full answer. Really, gg.

In-Game Name(s)
    Larry_Fox
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll remove you warning IG, maybe a verbal warning could be put in place instead.
    Alright, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzy Black View Post
    You guys really are making me laugh. So anyone saying as you wish, to an answer will get warned?

I think that his answer was pretty normal, he isn't a helper to give a full answer. Really, gg.
    Its okay it happens sometimes, we also learn from our mistakes :)

Spoiler!

10 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post

Its okay it happens sometimes, we also learn from our mistakes :)
    I made no mistake, I'm just showing leniency. Make no mistake.

8 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizzy Black View Post

He isn't a Helper, so what? He was trying to help, lol.

Larry Fox is a level 24 as Dakota said with 850+ playing hours and he's tossing out /newbs like that trying to be funny? He should keep his mute/warn.

Delete this comment as you wish, that's just my two cents.

In-Game Name(s)
    Larry_Fox
    Post Thanks / Like
    This can be closed or something,
    warning was removed.

Spoiler!

Discord Manager
    10 Year Veteran
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Kevin Ruthless