Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

San Andreas FPS lag

In-Game Name: Salvatore Bruetti
    Date: 20/11/2015
    Your Question:
    So, one day a few months ago, I log in and have this insane lag. I figure it was my connection, I do a speed test and it's fine. Then I re start my laptop and see there is a Windows 10 update. I figure it is because of that. After it was done I log back in still lagging like insane. I know it is not related to my laptop strenght because I played GTA V on medium to high settings and it ran smoothly. Now I noticed all the older games lag so badly on my laptop for no reason. I thought it was only SAMP lagging, but then I tried to run the singleplayer and it was lagging as well. I tried everything I could find and nothing helped. Maybe someone here had the same problems and fixed, I do not know. Thank in advance for all the assisstance.

In-Game Name(s)
    James Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, to be honest, you can always make your draw distance lower, but that'll make your game just faster and make your draw distance a-lot lower. Also you can troubleshoot it, if you ever tried that, maybe files are damaged. Or you can try to use speeding up game programs etc. I don't know if that helps, you can always reply to this, and tell me, I might figure out the solution if you tell me a bit, bit detailed.

REP 4 REP

3. Thanks Sammy Bruetti thanked for this post
    4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLuck View Post
    Actually, to be honest, you can always make your draw distance lower, but that'll make your game just faster and make your draw distance a-lot lower. Also you can troubleshoot it, if you ever tried that, maybe files are damaged. Or you can try to use speeding up game programs etc. I don't know if that helps, you can always reply to this, and tell me, I might figure out the solution if you tell me a bit, bit detailed.
    I did lower everything, the resolution, all the settings to low, draw distance turned off. I got like 3-4 diffrent games downloaded. There is nothing to troubleshoot since the game works without crashing only lags. I do not see the reason to get boosters because all the new games work just fine as it is.
    The finest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist

In-Game Name(s)
    James Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bruetti View Post
    I did lower everything, the resolution, all the settings to low, draw distance turned off. I got like 3-4 diffrent games downloaded. There is nothing to troubleshoot since the game works without crashing only lags. I do not see the reason to get boosters because all the new games work just fine as it is.
    This is an really weird situation, this has never happend to me. Pretty strange, to be honest. I'd atleast try the boosters, I'll EDIT, again when I find maybe some info and links to more info and maybe a video. It's pretty hard to find this, because this is a pretty rare situation, never even heard of that happening to be honest, I thought that's not possible, but maybe your pc doesn't like gta sa, heh?

REP 4 REP

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLuck View Post
    This is an really weird situation, this has never happend to me. Pretty strange, to be honest. I'd atleast try the boosters, I'll EDIT, again when I find maybe some info and links to more info and maybe a video. It's pretty hard to find this, because this is a pretty rare situation, never even heard of that happening to be honest, I thought that's not possible, but maybe your pc doesn't like gta sa, heh?
    I did play the game just fine, it happened all of a sudden,

Road Dawg 500 Posts500 Posts Mikhail.'s Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Mikhail Steinskov
    Post Thanks / Like
    It used to happen on my bro's laptop(Win 8) and never found a solution.
    Also it occasionally happens on mine(win7) and all I have to do is update/undo my sound drivers.
    Never tried win10 tbh so I can't help you. Try the solution for win7 if available and there's a possibility it'll work.
    If not, youtube's your only friend.
    I shall not fear...

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you post the specifications of your PC by any chance?
    I'll look into this as fast as possible for you.

Jerrelle
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrelle™ View Post
    Could you post the specifications of your PC by any chance?
    I'll look into this as fast as possible for you.

Jerrelle
    dont see how that is relevant i said above i can run gta v, but whatever floats your boat.

amd a8-6410hd with radeon r5 gpu, amd r7-260m, 8gb ram there

10. Likes De$hawn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you try restarting your PC sir

12. Laughed at De$hawn laughed at this post
    Hitman Agency
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Khenjie's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Khenjie Rosetti
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried turning it on and off again?
    Hitman Elite Agent Tumult | FBI Director Orchids | Sector 9 Director Krauze

SARP's Management Issues Rant

Take the time to read if you're a player. ( Jendry closed it while it was posted in spam fyi )

14. Laughed at Lucifer. laughed at this post
    Joker 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have tried reinstalling the game, right?

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i had this issue for months of course I shut down my laptop and turned it on, i also have reinstalled the game from several diffrent downloads and still nothing.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont see how that is relevant i said above i can run gta v, but whatever floats your boat.

amd a8-6410hd with radeon r5 gpu, amd r7-260m, 8gb ram there
    It is quite relevant as unfortunately this may be a Hardware issue.
    I had an R5 years ago and it ran GTA SA fairly well but I wouldnt expect anything special, I'm surprised you can run GTA V if I'm honest but that's a good thing!

Try uninstalling your current GTA, also removing any traces in your APPData > Local > Rockstar Games > [Make sure you have hidden files as visible] and THEN updating your GPU drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download TEHN reinstall GTA sa after a restart, see if that does the trick.

My money is on a Hardware issue though.

CID Badass 500 Posts500 Posts VRambo's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Vik_Rambo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any program that "optimizes" the game for you?

Credits to Cole Setland

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is quite relevant as unfortunately this may be a Hardware issue.
    I had an R5 years ago and it ran GTA SA fairly well but I wouldnt expect anything special, I'm surprised you can run GTA V if I'm honest but that's a good thing!

Try uninstalling your current GTA, also removing any traces in your APPData > Local > Rockstar Games > [Make sure you have hidden files as visible] and THEN updating your GPU drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download TEHN reinstall GTA sa after a restart, see if that does the trick.

My money is on a Hardware issue though.
    did you fail to read i also have a r7 2gb gpu as well?

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try switching your quality from "Very high" to "Low" if it's set at High/Very High - tell me your outcomes of when doing this.
    Also try this with your "Frame Limiter" switched 'ON'.

Post back and see if this resolves your issues; I'm trying to do a lot of searching on this one, it's something I've personally never encountered but somehow, is very common.
    What's your O/S?

Jerrelle.

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try switching your quality from "Very high" to "Low" if it's set at High/Very High - tell me your outcomes of when doing this.
    Also try this with your "Frame Limiter" switched 'ON'.

Post back and see if this resolves your issues; I'm trying to do a lot of searching on this one, it's something I've personally never encountered but somehow, is very common.
    What's your O/S?

Jerrelle.
    did everything and i use win10

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    did everything and i use win10
    When you upgraded to Windows 10, what was your previous Operating System? If so, did you have GTA installed before you had upgraded to Windows 10? Try delete your Grand Theft Auto: Userfiles (gta_set specifically as well).

I'll give you a link to something you should look into, as it is a question from someone with the exact same issues as you (with roughly the same Hardware too).

Jerrelle

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you upgraded to Windows 10, what was your previous Operating System? If so, did you have GTA installed before you had upgraded to Windows 10? Try delete your Grand Theft Auto: Userfiles (gta_set specifically as well).

I'll give you a link to something you should look into, as it is a question from someone with the exact same issues as you (with roughly the same Hardware too).

Jerrelle
    i didnt use any other os before win 10, got my laptop with BIOS only and installed win 10 over a flash drive, i played the game on win 10 fine, until one day after a windows update it started to lag

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    i didnt use any other os before win 10, got my laptop with BIOS only and installed win 10 over a flash drive, i played the game on win 10 fine, until one day after a windows update it started to lag
    Hm, that doesn't sound good; I've got Windows 10 and everything's up to date and working fine all though I have to say, after the last update my ENB has been throwing so many random error codes I've had to disable it, I'll configure it back after I look into it more.

Alright, is there any possibility you could try this Guide? It worked for me when I was experiencing Windows 8 issues on my other Build, this is a tricky problem and at this moment, any possible fix is worth a try.
    http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showt...dreas-Lag-fix-!

Can you tell us exactly what average FPS you get? (You can use any program such as Fraps to help you with this): http://www.fraps.com/

Also if all else fails, is there any chance you have a System Restore point before your Windows 10 update? If this fixes the problem we can probably rule it out as a software issues, if it does not fix it, we may have to look into the hardware side. Looking forward to your reply.

Jerrelle