Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts De$hawn's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    DeShawn Trevor Banks / Murat.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrelle™ View Post
    Try switching your quality from "Very high" to "Low" if it's set at High/Very High - tell me your outcomes of when doing this.
    Also try this with your "Frame Limiter" switched 'ON'.

Post back and see if this resolves your issues; I'm trying to do a lot of searching on this one, it's something I've personally never encountered but somehow, is very common.
    What's your O/S?

Jerrelle.
    when niggas think they became some pc technician genius

2. Dislikes J disliked this post
    Hated J hated this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by De$hawn View Post
    when niggas think they became some pc technician genius

Please do not post irrelevant comments as it just spams the topic; I'm trying my best to resolve this problem for OP by isolating common probabilities and if they do not solve his issue, I will go more into depth.

For your information though, I am studying IT and with your jealous attitude I can tell YOU are studying it as well (failing I presume?), it's called 'Process of Elimination' here's a link so you can educate yourself regarding it further. You're welcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_of_elimination
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

4. Laughed at De$hawn laughed at this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please do not post irrelevant comments as it just spams the topic; I'm trying my best to resolve this problem for OP by isolating common probabilities and if they do not solve his issue, I will go more into depth.

For your information though, I am studying IT and with your jealous attitude I can tell YOU are studying it as well (failing I presume?), it's called 'Process of Elimination' here's a link so you can educate yourself regarding it further. You're welcome.

your just throwing every possibility there is out there, all your assumptions have been dumb so far
    (hello im jerelle. i assume its your hardware. remove gta_sa.set xDdxzddd)
    i dont study it as i have a life and i wont be kankering all my life behind a screen
    now your geeky response has only made it funnier haha you silly goof

6. Laughed at J laughed at this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by De$hawn View Post
    your just throwing every possibility there is out there, all your assumptions have been dumb so far
    (hello im jerelle. i assume its your hardware. remove gta_sa.set xDdxzddd)
    i dont study it as i have a life and i wont be kankering all my life behind a screen
    now your geeky response has only made it funnier haha you silly goof
    Alright then, instead of flaming, what don't you submit a suggestion then if mine are pointless and "dumb".

In-Game Name(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright then, instead of flaming, what don't you submit a suggestion then if mine are pointless and "dumb".
    I have left him a possible fix on his visitor wall.

9. Laughed at J laughed at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some basic fixes;
    Tab out when you launch your game CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, then set the priority of gta_sa.exe to high
    Lower your settings
    Try looking for any viruses/unknown programs on your computer
    delete gta_sa.set in documents folder (Documents > GTA San Andreas User Files > gta_sa.set)

Tell me your specs

Post Thanks / Like

Studying IT doesnt mean you can fix someones game... and I relies your trying to help him fix his game but adding in useless things inside of your post like "I'm studying IT" and "I'm trying to study this" no one cares just suggest something for a fix then go on

12. Dislikes J disliked this post
    Hated J hated this post
    Banned
    In-Game Name(s)
    SECRET FACTION
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes i got amd too and i started to get 5fps today

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hm, that doesn't sound good; I've got Windows 10 and everything's up to date and working fine all though I have to say, after the last update my ENB has been throwing so many random error codes I've had to disable it, I'll configure it back after I look into it more.

Alright, is there any possibility you could try this Guide? It worked for me when I was experiencing Windows 8 issues on my other Build, this is a tricky problem and at this moment, any possible fix is worth a try.
    http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showt...dreas-Lag-fix-!

Can you tell us exactly what average FPS you get? (You can use any program such as Fraps to help you with this): http://www.fraps.com/

Also if all else fails, is there any chance you have a System Restore point before your Windows 10 update? If this fixes the problem we can probably rule it out as a software issues, if it does not fix it, we may have to look into the hardware side. Looking forward to your reply.

Jerrelle
    i have far to valuable files on my laptop to just wipe the hard disk for a game
    The finest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bruetti View Post
    Delete gta_sa.set in ur doccuments, and close any running apps

16. Laughed at J laughed at this post
    4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparke View Post
    Delete gta_sa.set in ur doccuments, and close any running apps
    did that too

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bruetti View Post
    If you have the HDD space, is it not possible you could create a backup of those files and perform a System Restore (not a wipe)? Or maybe could you try running a Dual-Boot of Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 and see if the lag persists on Windows 8.1/7? You said the game was fine before an Windows 10 update, so we'll see if the problem persists on Windows 8.1/7.

I'm still looking into this for you Sammy, but I'll keep my help to you via PM for now as I don't want this thread to be full of unnecessary spam from other users' for some reason hating on me for trying to help you; most of these solutions have helped my friends in the past (especially the Frame Limiter suggestion, so it's unfortunate they're not working for you) once I find a solution you confirm is working, I'll post it here to be Answered/Archived in case anyone in the future has this problem.

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the HDD space, is it not possible you could create a backup of those files and perform a System Restore (not a wipe)? Or maybe could you try running a Dual-Boot of Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 and see if the lag persists on Windows 8.1/7? You said the game was fine before an Windows 10 update, so we'll see if the problem persists on Windows 8.1/7.

I'm still looking into this for you Sammy, but I'll keep my help to you via PM for now as I don't want this thread to be full of unnecessary spam from other users' for some reason hating on me for trying to help you; most of these solutions have helped my friends in the past (especially the Frame Limiter suggestion, so it's unfortunate they're not working for you) once I find a solution you confirm is working, I'll post it here to be Answered/Archived in case anyone in the future has this problem.
    im not downgrading to win8 or 7 for the sake of a game. im taking my laptop to the store the do a check up and reinstall win10 on it then i'll see what happens.

In-Game Name(s)
    James Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you take it to a check up? What windows are you on now, if you don't want to downgrade?

REP 4 REP

Discord Manager
    10 Year Veteran
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Kevin Ruthless
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still happening?
    Awaiting 12 hours.

In-Game Name(s)
    Mark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!

Sorry your facing this problem, it can really be a pain in the ass to game with FPS lagg.
    I recommend you start up GTA and use taskmanager to monitor your usage, and find where it's coming from if there's high usage.
    If that is not the problem then you can always use alternative methods to fix this:
    • Turn GTA's graphics down completely to reduce lagg
    • Install game boosting software
    • Perhaps check for updates on your drivers

I hope this helped you.

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLuck View Post
    Did you take it to a check up? What windows are you on now, if you don't want to downgrade?
    im using win 10 education, i havent taken it yet.

Still happening?
    Awaiting 12 hours.
    it is
    Hello!

Sorry your facing this problem, it can really be a pain in the ass to game with FPS lagg.
    I recommend you start up GTA and use taskmanager to monitor your usage, and find where it's coming from if there's high usage.
    If that is not the problem then you can always use alternative methods to fix this:
    Turn GTA's graphics down completely to reduce lagg
    Install game boosting software
    Perhaps check for updates on your drivers

I hope this helped you.
    if you actually read the all the previous comments you would have seen that i did all that

4 Year Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fixed it, you can close this.

Retired Head Administrator
    Dunce

‡‡
    ‡‡‡
    ‡‡‡‡
    ‡‡‡‡‡
    In-Game Name(s)
    James Marshall.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Archived.

Former Hitman Agency Director.
    Former Los Santos Police Department Commissioner.
    Former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director.