Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

The Original Ta
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Akio's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Akio Ta
    Post Thanks / Like

Some notification?

In-Game Name: Akio Ta
    Date: 28/11/2015
    Your Question:
    Whenever I respond to someones comment, it always says that I sent a PM to the person I've quoted?

I'm not sure if it actually sends a PM to them or not, but I want to disable this if it is a option.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Akio View Post
    In-Game Name: Akio Ta
    Date: 28/11/2015
    Your Question:
    Whenever I respond to someones comment, it always says that I sent a PM to the person I've quoted?

I'm not sure if it actually sends a PM to them or not, but I want to disable this if it is a option.

Hello Akio, not to be alarmed.

This is done as the user you have quoted has requested (in their own profile settings) that all replies towards messages they have posted, will have that Poster notified of someone quoting/replying to their message; this is so they do not have to constantly check the thread for replies and can be quite handy.

Unfortunately you cannot disable the notification for them, however you can enable/disable it for yourself - i.e you wouldn't get PM notifications of people quoting you, to do so just click 'Settings' > CTRL+F > "Quote" > Select 'No' to disable; alternatively you can enable it this way too via email notifications or Private message notifications.

tl;dr - this is a notification to people who you have replied towards/quoted - IF they have the quote notification setting enabled.

Reply here if this answers your question. :)
    Jerrelle
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

The Original Ta
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Akio's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Akio Ta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrelle™ View Post
    Hello Akio, not to be alarmed.

This is done as the user you have quoted has requested (in their own profile settings) that all replies towards messages they have posted, will have that Poster notified of someone quoting/replying to their message; this is so they do not have to constantly check the thread for replies and can be quite handy.

Unfortunately you cannot disable the notification for them, however you can enable/disable it for yourself - i.e you wouldn't get PM notifications of people quoting you, to do so just click 'Settings' > CTRL+F > "Quote" > Select 'No' to disable; alternatively you can enable it this way too via email notifications or Private message notifications.

tl;dr - this is a notification to people who you have replied towards/quoted - IF they have the quote notification setting enabled.

Reply here if this answers your question. :)
    Jerrelle
    Yes, it helped me thank you.

You can close it now I guess.

Irony at it's best

4. Likes J liked this post
    Discord Manager
    10 Year Veteran
    500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Kevin Ruthless
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Akio View Post