Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Mac Help! Serious! :(( will give cookies and tell santa you been a good boy/girl :)

I bought Mac, left it on a shelf for AGES then after a bit got interested in fixing it and using it, I found it had no OS, so I DLed one (shshshs) then I found that apple is retarded and wont Verbatim DVD-R discs, and when I tried to reset the powerbook G4, it didnt help, nothing has :(, anyway so I bought a mac os disc, me being a PC guy didnt really think, I just bought and foundI had bought a cd that after looking online is set to a specific computer, although the disc is for a powerbook G4, its not specific enough for the disc to install and so I'm sat here with a unusable laptop, 2 retarded and even more unusable discs and a sad face. I did manage to erase my hard drive on the mac when it booted up, it gave me limited access to the computer like Abuntu does, and I erased the HD, that however probably made it worse because now all I can do is do the disc, get into the freeware menu, the option menu (option key on boot up) and get an annoying flashing folder icon which has a question mark also flashing which changes to a weird happy face which reminds me of the guy from batman the dark knight... PLEASE HELP! :(

--------

[03:17:50] ** Newbie Marsh Davies [6]: ok then is anyone on thats good with macs? I REALLY NEED HELP!

[03:17:51] ** Helper Sarcon DiVittorio [3]: @Marsh; go to gta-sarp.com --> Community Help Section.

[03:17:58] ** Helper Vinny Meadows [54]: @Marsh post a question on www.gta-sarp.com (our forums) Forums>Helpers Section>Ask a question.

[03:18:05] ** Helper Sarcon DiVittorio [3]: And make a thread there, trust me, SARP has many computer nerds.

[03:18:42] You must wait 50 seconds before speaking in that channel !

[03:18:49] ** Newbie Marsh Davies [6]: its not really a forum, 2 weeks later answer thing, its more live support

[03:19:12] ** Helper Vinny Meadows [54]: Trust me, if you post on our forums you'll get a response within an hour if not 20 minutes.

[03:19:22] You must wait 50 seconds before speaking in that channel !

---------------

In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    www.apple.com/support/mac/ - United States
    Search for a guide and follow the instruction, hope it might helps you with anything. To be honest, I'm still not able to understand what exactly you wanted to ask or know. Also, we can tell you little bit about it, nothing else, as it's not related to Game or Server related question. Contact Apple - Support for further guides and instructions.
    Oh, and apart from that if your laptop is fucked up by your own hands, then you should try to get it fix by visiting an electronic shops. As you yourself admitted that you've spoiled most of the things in it. Buy some good discs and then install the game.

Banned 500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Joey McRoyal
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gran...to-3/id424t=12

Hopefully it'll help you.
    Follow the distractions. Make sure you do any step needed in the guide + Downloading and installing the items needed.
    If you need any further help or sites you can PM me and ask any question you wish to or send me SMS or call me IG.
    thats my number: 11.

Signed, Joey McRoyal

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Can't goto a apple shop because there isn't a apple store near me, they are all in London.

*Can't goto a computer shop because they charge an arm and a leg.

*I have torrented discs so I can't really bring those along and ask how to boot them.

----

- I need to be told how I can fix this stupid flashing folder with a question mark then the apple smiley face on the laptop.
    I have tried "reset-all" in the freeware menu.

- I need to be told how to correctly burn the stuff from the DMG or the actual DMG onto the disc in such a way that makes the laptop pick it up.

- I have looked all over the web, posted copies of this request on every game site I go on, Erepublik, 5 minecraft servers, 2 SA-MP servers. And I have of course looked on the apple website.

In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just contact them using apple forums, not saying you to go to an apple store.

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    McRoyal, this isn't a problem with GTASA, I'm using a windows (thank god for simplicity) to talk on here and play GTASA, I just don't want to have wasted nearly a grand trying to fix my powerbook G4.

SIMPLES:

HP laptop, Windows 7 <- Working fine.
    Apple Powerbook G4, God knows what its running... <- Not working and is what I'm talking about in the post.
    Last edited by Marsh_Davies; 1st November 2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: messed up diagram

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    how do I contact them? and say what?

Me>" Hello, i need help with a apple powerbook G4 I bought at a auction."
    Mr.Bob working for apple>" Ok sir, whats your problem?"
    Me>*says everything I told you lot on this forum*
    Mr.Bob>"Sir if you torrented our software, that's illegal and I should call the police"
    *end of conversation*

8. Likes L. Edgar Hoover liked this post
    Retired Administrator
    House Stark
    3 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Zoldyck
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted by Kash.
    Last edited by Kash; 1st November 2012 at 12:54 PM.

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luke Stark, you total son of a mask!

In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh_Davies View Post
    how do I contact them? and say what?

Me>" Hello, i need help with a apple powerbook G4 I bought at a auction."
    Mr.Bob working for apple>" Ok sir, whats your problem?"
    Me>*says everything I told you lot on this forum*
    Mr.Bob>"Sir if you torrented our software, that's illegal and I should call the police"
    *end of conversation*
    You think it's funny? Even though this question is not related to game or server, but still we're trying to help you, instead of giving some positive response you're making fun of it. So let me make you quite clear, also take this as a warning, any absurd comment/post will force me to close this thread without any further prior notice.

Can't goto a apple shop because there isn't a apple store near me, they are all in London.

Get something better then, if you can't even contact the apple store in /any/ way. No matter, if its too much away from you.

*Can't goto a computer shop because they charge an arm and a leg.

We can't do anything with it.

*I have torrented discs so I can't really bring those along and ask how to boot them.

Buy an original version.

----

- I need to be told how I can fix this stupid flashing folder with a question mark then the apple smiley face on the laptop.
    I have tried "reset-all" in the freeware menu.

Try this(http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1440), I'm sure it will help you out.

- I need to be told how to correctly burn the stuff from the DMG or the actual DMG onto the disc in such a way that makes the laptop pick it up.

http://www.ehow.com/dmg-files/ - I'm sure that you'll find your answer in it.

- I have looked all over the web, posted copies of this request on every game site I go on, Erepublik, 5 minecraft servers, 2 SA-MP servers. And I have of course looked on the apple website.

Try to find the solutions on google, and contact an expert if possible.

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not being funny, do you think I laugh at the idea of me staying up till 5am trying to find solutions for nearly a week now?! WELL I DON'T! I HAVE GCSE's COMING UP WHEN I GET BACK! I NEED TO GET THIS FIXED SO I CAN GET MY BODY CLOCK BACK TO NORMAL HOURS!

In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you tried the links which I've posted above?

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, non worked...

In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contact an expert via Yahoo or Google.

In-Game Name(s)
    Marsh_Davies
    Post Thanks / Like
    If i look on my history, I have 60 pages of google and yahoo and bing searches for experts...

In-Game Name(s)
    Kash Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    You won't find your answer here, so I'm going to lock this thread.
    Archived.